It’s possible to simplify the process of sharing the brightest moments of your life. In fact, you can organize, preview, and share photos using a single software - Picasa. It’s a digital platform for photo management, developed by Lifescape and acquired by Google. The tool has a web version, as well as a native Windows and Mac OS X applications. The interfaces of both versions are similar including their functionalities. You can upload a picture, perform basic editing, organize files in folders, preview, and share them with friends.
How Can Picasa Boost Your PC?
Firstly, Picasa allows you to use the tracking and importing features, such as adding tags, applying facial recognition, and managing complex folders. On top of that, the editing capacities exceed that of a built-in manager’s functionality. You can crop and rotate pictures, change image proportions, remove red-eyes effect, enhance colors, adjust brightness and contrast, add text, and perform a whole bunch of other operations.
Also, Picasa has a built-in system of keyword manager. By automatically attaching picasa.ini files to each file, the software manages pictures with the Information Interchange Model. These keywords can be read by Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Adobe Bridge, digiKam, iPhoto, and Aperture.
Picasa views all your uploaded files as a library where you can search for files, based on tags, description, and file name. Just enter a request into the search bar and wait for the tool to analyze folder names, captions, tags, and filenames. Also, the ‘Search’ feature has a unique possibility. You can search for files by color - just enter the color operator for a particular shade - and the software will find pictures with all related color schemes. For instance, if you are looking for the pictures with the seaside, chances are, they contain various shades of blue. Just select various blue colors in the search manager and wait for the result.
One of the most important features of the tool is the automatic creation of backup copies. When you modify an image, the change overwrites the original file. However, the original picture will be automatically turned into a backup file that can be accessed anytime in a separate folder.
Picasa Key Features Include:
- Upload pictures in a single file manager and have access to all your photos in one place;
- Organize pictures in folders, add tags, keywords, file titles, and descriptions;
- Search for files by their name, date of creation and last access, keywords, tags, and even color schemes;
- Use superior editing effects, like Color manager, PRO face recognition, edit contrast and brightness, and other image properties;
- Create backup copies for each photo automatically;
- Native software is available for all Windows versions.
Even though your computer most likely has a built-in image preview, it’s not nearly as functional as Picasa. If a built-in manager only allows you to preview files from storage, perform really simple editing, an save the output files, Picasa expands this functionality to an entirely new level. However, Google ceased the support of this tool in 2015 which means, you can still download the native application but using the web version will be impossible.
What's new in 3.9.141 Build 259 version?
- Patches for image handling. We'd like to thank Hossein Lotfi, Secunia Research, for helping to identify issues in RAW handling
- Minor performance improvements in file process and upload in Google Photos Backup
- Improve UI in display of failed files in Google Photos Backup
- Ensure larger files are prioritized lower than smaller in Google Photos Backup
- Fix various reported crashes around the handling of attached devices in Google Photos Backup
Last Updated: 2019-08-08
Version: 3.9.141 Build 259
File size: 13.04 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: f5e535745f0e2140c31623df8f9ad746