Avast Antivirus is a great antivirus program, but it can sometimes block apps that you need to run on your computer. In this case, you’ll want to add an exception for those applications or files so that Avast doesn’t block them anymore. Here is how you can add exceptions in Avast Antivirus:
Open Avast Antivirus on your computer.
Open Avast Antivirus on your computer.
You can do this by clicking on the icon on your desktop, or from the start menu if you are using a laptop.
Next, click on the “Settings” tab at the top of your screen. From there, select “Virus Chest” and then “Scan Computer Now”. This will run a full scan on your computer to see if it has been infected with any viruses or malware.
Locate the Settings button, and click on it.
To add an exception to Avast Antivirus, you need to locate the Settings button. This is located on the left side of your Avast Window and looks like a gear icon. To find this icon, simply move your mouse pointer over to any area of your desktop, then click once with your mouse.
Once you have found the Settings button, click it once with your mouse. This will open up a new window that contains all of the settings for your Avast Antivirus program.
In the General settings window, locate the Exceptions button, and click on it to add an exception.
To add an exception, in the General settings window, locate the Exceptions button, and click on it to add an exception. The following window will open.
In this window, you can choose one of these four options:
- Add Firewall Exception – This allows Avast Antivirus to be bypassed by applications that require exceptions for their functioning. For example, Microsoft Office needs this option enabled if you want it to run properly. To add a firewall exception, click Browse… and locate the executable file for your application (the .exe file). If you are using Avast Internet Security (AVIS) version 18 or newer version of Avis with Windows 8 or later operating system , then all executable files from the Program Files folder are automatically added into firewall rules without any further action required from the user’s side .
You will see a pop-up window where you can enter any application that you want to add. You can also choose files or folders that you want to add as an exception.
To add an exception, you will see a pop-up window where you can enter any application that you want to add. You can also choose files or folders that you want to add as an exception. You can also select specific applications and files for which the antivirus will not scan.
For example, if you have some important documents on your computer and they need to be scanned by Avast antivirus software, then there is no need to worry because this tool allows users to exclude specific items from scanning. In addition, it provides protection against threats coming through e-mail attachments and websites.
When done, click Add Exception.
To add an exception:
- Click Add Exception. This will open the Avast User Interface where you can see all the programs that have been blocked. On the left, select one of these programs and click Remove All Protection to unblock it. If you want to allow Avast to block this program again in the future, select Allow Then Block from the drop-down menu next to each entry that has been unblocked and then click Apply Changes at the bottom of your screen:
- Check your program’s status by clicking its name on this list or by opening it as usual; Avast should not block it anymore after applying these settings:
- Close any open windows related to this program before proceeding with steps 6 through 8 below if necessary (this step may vary depending on what type of antivirus software you are using). Restarting avast! might also be necessary if avast! was running while making changes in its user interface; but make sure all other open windows related to this program are closed first so they do not cause any problems when restarting avast!:
You can manually add applications and files to your except list in Avast antivirus
You can manually add applications and files to your except list in Avast antivirus.
- Go to Settings > General on the main window of Avast Antivirus.
- Click Add exception on the right panel of the General tab.
- In the popup, enter either an application name or file name, depending on whether you want to allow only a single application or multiple applications at once, respectively.
- Click OK when done adding exceptions, and then restart your computer if prompted by Avast Antivirus.
We hope this article has helped you understand how to add exceptions in Avast antivirus. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!