Though the choice of email clients is huge today, it is really hard to find a good option. The Bat! is a highly efficient tool, which can handle even a large volume of mail without any glitches. Besides, the email client also guarantees the safety of your personal data.
Overview of the Main Features
The key mission of The Bat! is to protect your emails using end-to-end encryption. It is a secure email application for Windows-based devices, which can run without global email providers. Besides, it also guarantees protection from email hacking. The email client has its own HTML viewing mechanism - Robin HTML viewer. Therefore, any tracking pixels will be immediately blocked.
This email program can store a plethora of messages and there’s no restriction on the number of personal email accounts. As a result, you’ll have all your email accounts in one place.
The main options include:
- Powerful Filtering System;
- Internal HTML viewer;
- Address Book;
- GnuPG, PGP and S/MIME support;
- Handy templates;
- Selective Message Download;
- RSS Feed Subscriptions.
Users of this tool can customize the main window in accordance with their needs. Simply put, you can create your personal message list, customize your folder tree, toolbar, etc.
Overall, The Bat! is a worthy solution for Windows users. It is a multi-featured email account manager, which can provide you with a broad selection of options. With it, you can store business or personal email accounts in one place. Furthermore, it can handle thousands of messages with a small memory footprint.
What's new in 9.0.6 version?
- New interface controls in the main window of the program and in the editor window. DevExpress controls are used instead of TB2K/TBX/SpTBX
- New way of handling the user interface layout configuration. Also, there is a new file - "userdef.xml", instead of "tbuser.def" previously used
Possibility of recording and logging of the time it takes to open the following configuration dialogs: "Account Properties", "Folder Properties", "Sorting Office/Filters", and the following windows: message editor, the folder view. The time is measured if the following command-line parameters are used to run The Bat!: "/BENCHMARK_STARTUP_TIME" and/or "/STARTUP_TIMING_LOG". With the "/STARTUP_TIMING_LOG" option only, the results will only be saved to the ex_log.file, while with "/BENCHMARK_STARTUP_TIME" they will be displayed on the screen as a message dialog
- Updated spell checker dictionaries (Hunspell) for the following languages: Danish, Dutch, English (British), English (U.S.), French, Greek, Hungarian, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Spanish, Swedish
- Removed PGP internal implementation (RFC-1991) from The Bat!
- There is now a random delay before sending the TLS alert code to a remote computer in order to prevent eventual timing attacks
- The Preferences dialog now displays an hourglass when it opens
- (#0000427) Tab order was wrong in some dialogs, e.g. in the "Create Mail Filter" dialog box
- (#0001327) Access Violation errors on exit have been eliminated
- (#0001545) Email was added twice to the "To:" line if the address entry in the address book contained multiple addresses
- (#0001662) Incorrect rendering of certain HTML messages has been resolved
- (#0001718) An issue with an option during the address book import has been resolved
- (#0001719) After adding an account using the mail account assistant the The Bat! main window did not show up
- (#0001755) Address Viewer incorrectly displayed the email address of the sender
- (#0001780) 64-bit version of The Bat! silently closed upon trying to send a PGP-signed message
- (#0001785) Ctrl+mouse wheel did not zoom in/out in plain text editors
- Fixed Access Violation errors which could sometimes happen infrequently, and which were caused by improper CPU thread handling, especially when exiting The Bat!
- Fixed errors when The Bat! process could hang on exit and stay in the Task Manager while exiting The Bat! when active connections to RSS feeds were in progress
- Fixed an issue when all tags became ignored
- Fixed memory leaks
- Image Crop did not work in message templates
Last Updated: 2019-11-27
File size: 37.55 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 56225ac8cc021a94086889041502417a