Fossamail is an alternative software that works just like Mozilla client. It’s designed to be an open source mail, chat and news for Linux and Windows users. The interface is intuitive and easy-to-understand, and it is constructed to work just like the Mozilla Thunderbird client.
How can Fossamail help you?
Apart from the simple interface which pretty much anyone can navigate, the Fossamail uses an independent folder on your computer, so no worries in case you already had a Thunderbird Client installed. It will work from a separate folder. Furthermore, it is suitable with all the Thunderbird (v24/25b era) add-ons and plugins, so you do not need to get additional or special plugins and add-ons. And also, it is accessible by Windows and Linux users only. All you need to enjoy this software, is any latest Windows version up to the Windows Vista version,and a processor with SSE2 support. Worthy of note that if you are working with a Windows XP, this will not be compatible with it.
Key features of Fossamail:
- Easy-to-use interface;
- Uses Pale Moon browser core as its back-end;
- Uses a separate profile folder on your PC;
- Compatible with all Thunderbird (v24/25b era) add-ons and plugins;
- Includes calendar/organizer add-ons;
- Supports any Windows Vista or above;
- Supports a processor with SSE2;
- Works on Windows and Linux.
Fossamail is extremely user-friendly, meaning that anyone can use this software without difficulty. All that you need is Windows Vista or any of the latest versions of Windows, and a processor with SSE2 support to enjoy this application.
What's new in 38.2.0 version?
- This is a security and maintenance update, updating the platform code to Pale Moon 27.2.1.
- Please see Pale Moon's release notes for details on the updates involved.
Important note: If you have previously changed the configuration to enable deprecated/vulnerable cipher suites to connect to old mail servers (you really should upgrade those where possible; e-mail by design is private so secure encryption is very important!) then you will most likely need an additional step:
- In Options, go to Advanced, open the Config Editor, find security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts and add your insecure host(s) to it (comma-separated). This is needed for RC4 and 3DES.
Last Updated: 2019-07-22
Developer: Moonchild Productions
File size: 31.65 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 1e9131726e795895c043ef56af3d4294