Storing passwords is always a challenge. You need to make your log-in credentials are accessible to our platform from any device by making sure it’s secure. If something happens to your computer or cloud service, you need to know that your passwords will not be in jeopardy. The best way to ensure that this doesn’t happen is to download a professional password manager that takes all these concerns into account.
Dashlane is a free password manager that collects your login credentials automatically and stores them in a safely encrypted storage. The software supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and other popular browsers, safely extracting passwords automatically from each of the browsers you use.
How Can Dashlane Boost Your PC?
This software works in 3 stages. The first step is the password collection. You need to provide the tool with the permission of accessing your browser's data - you will do this during installation. This way, Dashlane will constantly monitor your online activities, spotting new passwords whenever you input them.
The second step is encryption. Once your passwords are collected, the software will then run them through the AES-256 encryption, making the data incomprehensible to any third-party. Anytime you want to access your credentials, just enter your Dashlane password - and the text will decrypt itself automatically.
The third step is sharing access to your passwords with your team members. If you manage collective social media accounts or share access to professional services, chances are, other people use the same credentials as you. Dashlane allows you to easily share these information by generating a collective password for all team members.
Another way this application eases your life is by logging you into different websites automatically. You don’t have to open the password manager to copy passwords manually since the tool will enter your credentials, automatically. It saves you time and makes authentication even more secure.
Dashlane Key Features Include:
- Collect your passwords automatically in a secure password manager;
- Encrypt your personal data with the modern AES-256 standards;
- Generates secure password combinations in accordance with any website’s password requirement;
- Receive alerts whenever your account is suspected to be compromised and change the login credentials if need be;
- Log-in automatically without having to enter login and password manually;
- Perform two-step authentication for bank accounts or medical records;
- Available on all Windows versions;
- Supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and other browsers.
Dashlane is a multifunctional AES-256 password manager that saves, encrypts, and controls your login credentials. Also, you can generate new passwords right in the application with a powerful password generator. It analyzes the website’s password requirements (the maximal and minimal allowed number of characters, upper and lower case, requirements about special symbols, and so on). Its intuitive interface makes the software easy to grasp even for inexperienced users.
What's new in 6.1924.0.21110 version?
- A fix to the issue that sometimes made the app consider a newly created password weak until the user logged out then logged back in
- A fix to the issue that prevented some users running the latest version of Windows 10 (1903) from using U2F keys to log in if they had multiple keys registered
- Increased security of the U2F feature
Last Updated: 2019-06-26
Developer: Dashlane Inc
File size: 886.94 KB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: e269fe3a91fd3ab000a481c6a5ec8349