If you play lots of online video games or you own several games or even wish to buy games, but you're not entirely sure where to manage them or purchase them from, you can use this application to access all kinds of video games. And the best part is that the software is free to use.
How Can Steam Boost Your Gaming Activities?
First things first, Steam has a straightforward user interface suitable for all kinds of game enthusiasts. It can run on all Windows operating systems as well as devices. It's also ideal for MAC operating systems, Makings accessible to hundreds of people around the world.
This software is supported by a growing number of an online community which helps to Foster gaming relationship through chats and competitions. What makes Steam a powerful software is that users do not need to manually search for games online as this application does that for you automatically by searching the internet for some of your favourite games and the best packages available. Users also enjoy buying games on discounts and sales, and sometimes getting alerted to free games before its officially released to the general public.
One thing that stands out with Steam is that you can purchase games at a much cheaper rate compared to buying a stand-alone game. Since it is supported by multiple devices as well as operating systems, users can exchange or share this software with your friends or invite people to join you in playing any particular game.
As already mentioned, the user interface is straightforward. After creating an account on Steam, you can log into your account and play the latest games, find friends online, find the best game servers, get automatic updates on different games, chat with friends even when in-game, and also receive Steam-only special offers on games.
Well, this is a phenomenal software for gamers; the user interface is somewhat fundamental and archaic. So if you're looking for in modern through where you can access all your game, you might be a little bit disappointed with Steam’s interface. That notwithstanding, this software offers some of the best functionality regarding having and managing all your games from one place.
While there are advantages to using this software, there are other disadvantages a user might experience. For instance you might find some pages slow to load up, if you're in inexperience gamer then you might experience a bit of difficulty in navigating the user interface. Regarding sharing games with your friends or other players using this software, you might be required to activate some of the newer games before going ahead to sharing them with your friends.
Another cool thing about Steam is that you can listen to customized music while playing any game, and this does not cause a general drive of your system resources. It leaves a small footprint which is suitable even for low-end computers.
This software supports several languages apart from English, including Korean, French, Swedish, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Catalan, Finnish, Spanish, German, Polish, Italian, Basque, Czech, Greek, as well as Danish. Steam also supports Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows XP, as well as Windows 10.
Key Features of Steam Include:
- It supports lots of languages, including most European languages;
- Has a vast community of users;
- You can find friends easily online;
- It has a primary user interface;
- It has an extensive library of video games;
- It supports automatic updates;
- Users can listen to music while playing a game;
- It is a freeware;
- It offers lots of discounts and sales on games;
- Users are provided free games before official release;
- receive Steam-only special offers;
- Access to popular games;
- Easy access to some of the best gaming servers;
- It is compatible with Windows operating system, including Windows 8, 8.1, XP, as well as Windows 10.
In general, this software offers game enthusiasts the opportunity to play video games online without difficulties. You have access to all the latest games, favorite games, best gaming servers, automatic updates on games, and a large user community. You can equally find other gamers online, invite them to join your game, or chat with them, discussing gaming activities wins and losses, and a myriad of other things.
Keep in mind that this software has a rather old-fashioned interface, meaning that while it offers the ability to access some of the modern and latest video games online, navigating it might be a bit daunting. However, this should not be a problem because the helpful features offered goes a long way in covering up for its shortcoming. You can pretty much purchase games at a somewhat cheaper rate using this software as opposed to purchasing the game officially, and you're offered discounts and free games legally.
What's new in 2019.10.30 version?
New Steam Library:
- We're pleased to announce that the New Steam Library is now available – all players can try out the new features.
Remote Play Together:
- We’re also pleased to announce that the Remote Play Together Beta is now available!
- One-time reset of Steam Skin selection when receiving this update. This avoids un-updated skins causing failures when opening the new library.
- Updated embedded Chromium build in Steam to 77.0.3865.90
- Fixed find in page dialog on the store or community tabs displaying after navigating away from those tabs.
- Free to Play games will now remain in your Steam Library when uninstalled. You can remove these titles by right clicking on the game’s entry in your library.
- Fixed an occasional crash at launch when the user has a pending gift.
- Fixed Steam client potentially becoming unresponsive for several seconds after exiting a game or after uploading a screenshot.
- Reduced client hitching for users with large libraries when adding or removing games.
- Decreased stream latency and reduced frames dropped due to host CPU load
- Fixed launching VR games from the Steam Link
- Fixed rare Steam client crash when running the network test
- Added support for Wake on LAN over wireless connections with properly configured wireless adapters
- Remote Play Anywhere now runs over the Steam Datagram Relay network, which ensures that the best route over the Valve backbone is always used. Also, connections are rerouted dynamically to avoid maintenance disrupting the connection.
- Fixed steam client crash under certain combinations of remote play with non-Steam apps, or on the second launch of SteamVR.
- Fixed rare hang in the host Steam client when starting a session
- Fixed “Streaming Launch” dialog when streaming from another computer that you’re logged into.
- Reduced Steam Input’s overall CPU usage when active.
- Start showing the last edited configuration in the personal configuration section of the configuration browser.
- Improve automatic conversions when applying configurations to different controller types – Steam Controllers will get grip bindings based on the A/X buttons, and PS4 Controller trackpads will get bindings based on the option/share buttons.
- Add a Screenshot binding to the Switch Pro controller capture button in the default templates – when applying a configuration from another controller type this binding will also be automatically be added.
- Added support for Power-A Fusion Xbox/Playstation 4/Switch Pro fight pads.
- Fixed several bugs around action set layer switching
- Added playtime tracking for SteamVR workshop items and for SteamVR itself.
- Titles that are hidden in the Steam Library will now be hidden in the recently played UI in SteamVR Home.
- Changed Desktop tab in SteamVR to prefer input from the physical mouse over virtual input from the laser mouse. To switch from the laser mouse to the physical mouse, move the physical mouse. To switch back to the laser mouse, click in the desktop tab.
- Deleting screenshots taken in VR now also deletes the stereo version from the local disk and the cloud. Note that cloud deletion only applies to screenshots uploaded in the future, not existing shared screenshots.
- Improved parsing of localized “steam_display” strings in SteamFriends()->GetFriendRichPresence()
Last Updated: 2019-10-31
Developer: Valve Corporation
File size: 1.5 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 81448c2e730b50b597bbd5e43007ce6a