For users looking to relive some of their childhood memories by playing classic games but don't know how to, there's good news for you. This emulator has all you need to access your favorite childhood games, and the part is that it's easy to install and use.
Visual Boy Advance (VBA) is a program that emulates Nintendo's GameBoy Advance on your computer. It runs GameBoy Advance games on PCs.
How is Visual Boy Advance Emulator Useful on Windows PC?
Apart from emulating Nintendo's GameBoy from the comfort of your PC, Visual Boy Advance also helps to debug GameBoy Advance software without using a costly development service. Visual Boy Advance comes equipped with all the usual features we expect emulators to have such as screen filters, cheats, and screen recording. Emulation quality is practically perfect. In addition to Game Boy Advance, Visual Boy Advance likewise supports emulating other classic Game Boy systems. Those systems consist of Game Boy Classic, Super Game Boy, and Game Boy Color.
Visual Boy Advance application is a standalone program, so it does not have an install wizard. The Installation is simple, download the zip file and unpack it where you like or download the installer. Visual Boy Advance should be placed in a common folder on your PC, such as Documents, Downloads, or create a new folder on your desktop. If you place Visual Boy Advance in your main C drive, you will be restricting it to read-only access. Doing so prevents Visual Boy Advance from saving anything.
For more installation, you will need a Game Boy Advance ROM file. Take that file and drop it onto the open visual boy advance screen. The game window appears. On top of that windows, you can see percentages, which inform you how fast the game is running at the moment. You can optimize the game in several ways.
First, go to File-Save. Here users can save game states so that they can return to the exact moment of the game in the future.
Secondly, users can pause or reset the game anytime they so wish. There are also screen capture, import code, sound, and sync options of the game. If the user has a slow PC, it is better to go with the fastest settings. This will make the game process more convenient and stable.
In the Options-Emulator window ensure that the following settings are on: synchronize, automatic IPS patching, real-time clock, PNG format, and Save Type – Automatic plus Flash 128K. Here you can also choose a preferred language.
The game window has an additional cheat option for users who want to use tricks in the game. But, you'll have to search the internet for the cheatsheet as the one on the game is not accessible offline.
Key Features of Visual Boy Advance Include:
- Support is extensive – it supports the original Game Boy (.GB), Game Boy
- Color (.GBC) and titles optimized to use the Super Game Boy adapter are all present, as well as GBA titles too.
- You can use Visual Boy Advance with Joystick support.
- Saved games from the native application can be imported/exported to other emulators.
- Full save state support such that it can save the exact spot you are in any game.
- GameBoy Printer emulation.
- Allows Real-time IPS patching.
- GameBoy Advance debugger is included in the SDL version.
- It supports Full-screen mode.
- Screen capture support this feature takes an image of the screen.
- It provides full support for GameShark for GameBoy Advance and Code Breaker Advance cheat codes, for Windows version only.
- It supports Audio (WAV) and video (AVI) recording. Visual Boy Advance also allows recording in a proprietary video format only supported by VisualBoyAdvance.
- It uses graphics filters to improve display in different formats.
- GUI skinning support.
- Support developer tools for hacking and debugging, including loggers, viewers, and editor.
- With Auto-fire support, Visual Boy Advance can enhance its speed.
Visual Boy Advance supports numerous GameBoy titles, which means that gamers of all types should be able to join in the fun. Although people who are not especially savvy may have a little difficulty figuring out the conversion process at first, the good news is that it is the same every time and in just a few minutes' gamers can be plugged in and enjoy retro-style pixelated fun as they join the adventures they remember from their childhood. Now is the perfect time to dust off your GameBoy and find your favorite games because it is now time to revisit them all over again.
We don't have any change log information for VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0 yet. If you have any change log info for this version of VisualBoyAdvance you can share with us.
Last Updated: 2019-07-11
File size: 644.33 KB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: b4c2dbff64b3c5c637695f208a9ca66b