TightVNC is a cross-platform free and open source remote software application that uses and extends the RFB protocol of Virtual Network Computing (VNC) to allow end-users remotely control another computer screen. This software uses "tight encoding" of areas, that has proven to improve performance over low bandwidth connection. It is an effective combination of the JPEG and Zlib compression mechanisms. You can play DirectX games through TightVNC, as well as watch videos over a broadband connection at a low frame rate.
Why you should use TightVNC
With TightVNC, you have the allowed to cut your expenses and save time and money on traveling to help your family and friends to solve problems with their computer. You can now do so from a remote location, so long as you are all connected to the same network. It is free for both personal and commercial use, with complete source code available. TightVNC can be used in company administration, technical support, education and for many other purposes.
TightVNC is a cross-platform utility, and is thus available for Windows and Unix Operating Systems, with an included Java client. TightVNC is also compatible with standard VNC software and conforms to all RFB protocol specifications. Now you can be confident that nothing wrong is happening to your computer hope you are away. Other notable enhancements of this Network administrative utility are file transfers, support for Windows DFMirage mirror driver to detect screen updates through saving CPU time and increasing the performance of the program, as well as the ability to zoom a picture and automatic SSH tunneling on Unix platforms.
TightVNC supports auto-scaling that primarily resizes the viewer window to the remote user's desktop size, no matter the resolution of the host computer.
Features of TightVNC
- Free, GPL licensed with full source code available;
- It is Cross-platform, that is, it is available for Windows and Unix as well as being compatible with other VNC software;
- Added detection of a Windows key press, as well as Alt-Tab combination in full-screen Mode;
- Supports file transfers in Windows versions;
- Supports video mirror driver;
- Powerful and efficient "Tight" encoding with optional JPEG compression;
- Enhances web browser access;
- It is a read-only program that supports two passwords, and gives you complete control;
- Remotely control a remote device.
TightVNC offers you a fast and flexible option for remote access to a desktop connected on the same network. It is easy-to-use by all level of users.
What's new in 2.8.27 version?
- Server for Windows: Fixed server crash on changing window size when sharing one particular window with -sharewindow option (sf bug #1475).
- Server for Windows: Fixed problems with generating incorrect symbols with certain national keyboard layouts, e.g. when pressing "3" in Turkish layout and "6" in Portugese Brazilian ABNT2 layout (sf bugs #1482, #1458).
- Server for Windows: Fixed problem with sending black screen when a viewer requests 16-bit or 8-bit colors with big-endian byte order (sf bug #1473).
- Server for Windows: Fixed an issue with mouse cursor jumping to the top left corner of the screen on requesting full screen update.
- Viewer for Windows: Added support of Romanian diacritical marks.
- Viewer for Windows: Fixed a problem with adding extra null character when transferring text data from clipboard (sf bug #1485).
- Viewer for Windows: Fixed incorrect handling of the -mousecursor command-line option (sf bug #1457).
Last Updated: 2019-10-24
File size: 1.94 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 94bcc2615ac6ce651419346ab0fd4709