There is an increasing demand for a programmer that can write clean and efficient code within a short period of time. Simple syntax errors like the omission of the semi-colon are one of the mistakes that can lead to a failed code execution. Producing a programming code that is free from errors would require the use of a very good source-code editor.
Using the right code editors can boost productivity by improving your work speed. These tools will boost your coding efficiency, enabling you to edit, analyze and debug your code according to your needs. Sublime Text comes with a lot of text editing tools and other customizable features for memorable programming experience.
How Can Sublime Text be Useful?
Sublime Text is a source-code editor with a unique interface that is user-friendly ideal for all computer users seeking for a text editor with customizable features. Installation is easy and does not require any initial configuration before use. It has a status bar that contains important information about your current work like line number and text format. The work area is usually grey but can be changed to a color of your choice. The menu bar contains basic controls with extra functions for manipulating code and comments. You can also search through the text for a particular word which may be modified or replaced.
It can emulate several editors from different platforms with full capabilities. While editing your program code, the multiple selection capability enables you to change multiple texts simultaneously. You can as well edit a block of selected code or transpose them as required. The search and replace feature supports the use of Regular Expressions to locate complex text pattern which is powered by the Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE) engine. The batch processing feature enables you to execute files through external programs and interpreters. A project can have multiple workspaces in sublime text enabling users to keep track of changes. This is handy when writing performance test codes. Indentation settings can be adjusted to determine the size of tabs and spaces.
The key binding feature enables you to map one or more keys to separate commands. The color scheme for highlighting code syntax is fully customizable. There is a console tab that shows output information when executing code or making API calls. The snippets feature helps complete texts while ensuring that it conforms to the language environment. Texts are also completed based on previously written words. Sublime Text has a Command Palette where text and window commands are executed. The command line helper enables you to perform key operations from the command line.
Sublime Text Key Features Include:
- Command line support;
- Package control feature for extensibility;
- Supports multiple key bindings;
- Snippet feature for ease of use;
- Supports the use of different color schemes for highlighting code syntax in various languages;
- Search and replace feature using of Regular Expressions.
Sublime text requires very little system resources to give you a source-code that conforms to the accepted design logic and workflow. Your code becomes readable and easy to maintain as you no longer need to worry about common coding errors.
What's new in 18.104.22.16807 version?
- Various syntax highlighting improvements
- Git: Git repositories at the top level of a users home directory are ignored for performance reasons. This can be changed via the allow_git_home_dir setting.
- Git: Improved performance with a large number of git repositories in the side bar
- Git: Fixed UTF8 BOMs not being handled correctly in .gitignore files
- Fixed a crash in the Git repository handling
- Improved file indexing behavior in some scenarios
- Improved scrolling logic in some scenarios
- Fixed block carets changing the way text selection works
- Fixed swap_line_up and swap_line_down transforming tabs into spaces
- Mac: Added a workaround for a MacOS issue with DisplayLink adapters
- Lixed: Fixed compatibility with old Linux distributions
- Linux: Improved high dpi handling under KDE
- Linux: Tweaked the way text scaling is handled
- Linux: Fixed incorrect file ownership in the deb packages
- API: Fixed an incompatibility with SublimeREPL
- API: Fixed regression with phantoms interfering with home/end behavior
Last Updated: 2019-07-03
Developer: Sublime HQ Pty Ltd
File size: 9.84 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 48d1c3cd60e5b6604152c759fdd92a83