To be competitive in the modern software development market, developers have to prioritize the project’s compatibility from the first stages of the project. To make sure that the tool is adequately supported by all popular operating systems, it’s necessary to start working in cross-platform integrated development environments from the very beginning.
How Can NetBeans Boost Your PC?
NetBeans' development team puts its goal in putting all the pieces together. Indeed, creating a compatible cross-platform software is like putting a big puzzle together. You have to adapt your code to the requirements of various OSs, making sure that the user experience doesn’t suffer because of this. The more complex the application, the more difficult its development and testing becomes.
NetBeans verifies your software’s code and functionality, checking its compatibility with all popular OSs in various languages. As soon as a technical issue is detected, you are immediately notified. This way, you can fix the problem right away without accumulating an infinite amount of bugs and multi-layered technical debt.
In the upper menu, you have all the main functionality. Here, you can upload your code files, edit them, work with config module, view the changes, and perform dozens of other basic actions. On the right panel, you can see your project’s structure. The code is grouped in folders in a clear hierarchy. The left panel is responsible for interface management. Here, you have the list of buttons and panels, used in your software.
The main screen reacts to all performed changes - here you can see how your applications will look like in real-time. If there is an issue, the software simply will not run and you’ll spot the mistake right away. This feature significantly increases the speed of refactoring and makes testing a lot easier.
NetBeans Key Features Include:
- Build and test your software on various operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Android;
- Highlights code according to its syntax and semantics, increasing readability and simplifying editing;
- Detects code errors right away and proposes refactoring strategies.
Even though its main scope is creating an intuitive cross-platform software development environment, NetBeans has a lot of additional functionality. It can perform the functions of a text editor and highlight code syntax in a different color, adding stickers, and increasing files’ readability. Also, you can check the code right away, eliminating all the most obvious technical and syntax errors. Obviously, it’s not a substitute for a professional code-checking tool, but still, it performs basic monitoring tasks very well.
What's new in 8.2 Build 201609300101 version?
ECMA Script 6 and Experimental ECMA Script 7 Support:
- New hexa, binary, and octal literals
- Source editor support
- Code completion for generators
- Grunt and Gulp Task Runners
- Support for Node.js 4.0 and newer
- Return statement in global context
Oracle JET Support Enhancements:
- Oracle JET Base Distribution template
- Oracle JET Quickstart Basic sample application
- Oracle JET Component Interaction sample application
PHP 7 Support:
- Editor enhancements
- Custom annotations for PHP projects
- Symfony 3 support
- PHPUnit 5 support
- Support for phpcs.xml configuration file
- Dockerfile editor with syntax highlighting
- Full terminal and log support
- Editor shortcuts for work with multiple carets
- In the Source Editor while debugging Java and C/C++ code
SQL Profiling Improvements:
- New SQL Queries profiling mode
- Colored profiling results based on user-defined filters
- Redesigned to manage Run or Debug command configurations
- Automated detection of the compiler used by a user's build system
- Tool collection wrapper on Windows and Mac OSX
Last Updated: 2019-11-04
Version: 8.2 Build 201609300101
File size: 186.72 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: b4c939c309d16b3558121249d968782f