SQL Server Management Studio Express is a graphical management tool that allows users to manage SQL Server Express Edition and SQL Server Express Edition with Advanced Services. The tool includes script editors and graphical tools.
SQL Server Express Edition is a data management tool that provides users with handy functions, such as data protection, data management, performance for embedded clients, etc. The app allows you to work with local data stores, built-in clients, web-documents. Moreover, it helps to quickly deploy and create a prototype., the software is free.
Speaking of SQL Server Management Studio Express, it is a management tool that is designed to manage SQL Server Express edition. The software has, more or less, the same functions as SQL Server Management Studio, but it does not support Analysis Services, Integration Services, Notification Services, and Reporting Services). But still, the tool is very handy and convenient.
Why Use SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Despite the simplistic interface, the tool is very robust and effective. Using it, you can create a structured database. It is possible to connect to databases from PHP-scripts. Moreover, it generates interconnection between tabular databases. If you want to feel more secure, you can create backup copies of databases.
Scripts editors and graphical tools allow working with objects and features of the server. Moreover, SQL Server Management Studio Express provides users with the operational online account creation option. The app is compatible with Active Server Pages and Visual Studio, which provide you with additional features. Moreover, using the tool, you can send SQL queries.
Key features include:
- Manages SQL Server Express Edition and SQL Server Express Edition with Advanced Services.
- Creates structured databases.
- Creates backup copies of databases.
- Compatible with Visual Studio and Active Server pages.
- Generates interconnection between databases.
- Clear simplistic interface.
Overall, SQL Server Management Studio Express is a handy and convenient tool that allows you to manage SQL Server Express Edition, and the same edition with Advanced Services. Unfortunately, the tool does not support several services, but it still has various neat functions.
What's new in 18.4 version?
- Data Classification Added support for custom information protection policy for data classification.
- Query Store Added the Max Plan per query value in the dialog properties.
- Query Store Added support for the new Custom Capture Policies.
- SMO/Scripting Support Script of materialized view in SQL DW.
- SMO/Scripting Added support for SQL On Demand.
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Added 50 assessment rules (see details on GitHub).
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Added base math expressions and comparisons to rules conditions.
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Added support for RegisteredServer object.
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Updated way how rules are stored in the JSON format and also updated the mechanism of applying overrides/customizations.
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Updated rules to support SQL on Linux.
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Updated the ruleset JSON format and added SCHEMA version.
- SMO/Scripting SQL Assessment API - Updated cmdlets output to improve readability of recommendations.
- XEvent Profiler Added error_reported event to XEvent Profiler sessions.
Last Updated: 2019-11-04
File size: 534.4 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 6ae71206b602c6217cc04c8de6b6887c