Notepad++ is one of the widely-used source code and text editor, which comes with many features and supports different languages. It is a highly productive tool, which is easy to work with.
If your work is connected to programming, you require specialized software. Notepad++ is one of the best tools, which supports source code editing for different programming languages.
Why Use Notepad++
Notepad++ is a complex text editor, which is packed with additional functions compared to the Notepad. You should be attentive when you do the installation because numerous components can be unchecked to reduce the space on your hard disk. You can skip the localization files and the themes, yet it is recommended to install all the plugins to get a better programming experience. Notepad++ has a clean and intuitive user interface, where all the functions are grouped into specialized menus. It supports many common programming languages. It includes syntax highlighting for all of them. You can work with several documents at the same time. When it comes to development, you can deal with editing, searching, encoding, and running macros.
The Key Functions:
- Syntax Highlighting.
- Syntax Folding.
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting.
- Auto-completion functions.
- Multi-Document support.
- Multi-View mode.
- Supports regular expression search/replace.
- Supports Full Drag 'N' Drop.
- File Status Auto-detection.
- Zoom in/out
- Multi-language support.
- Brace/Indent guideline.
- Macro recording and playback.
The functionality of Notepad++ is great. Additional functions can be added with third-party plugins. All users of Windows are advised to give Notepad++ a try.
What's new in 7.7 version?
- Continue Microsoft binary code signing thanks to the offer from DigiCert (again).
- Upgrade Scintilla from v3.56 to v4.14.
- Fix a regression of memory issue while reloading a file.
- Fix cursor flickering problem after double clicking on URL.
- Make Python files default to using spaces instead of tabs.
- Add "Count in selection" option in Find dialog.
- Add Ctrl + R shortcut for "Reload from disk" command.
- Fix '\' display problem in CSS while using themes (Remove Batang font for CSS tags).
- Fix crash while right clicking on DocSwitcher's column bar.
- Fix all plugins being removed problem while Plugin Admin removes an old plugin (of old system).
Last Updated: 2019-06-05
File size: 3.51 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 151cbb695037b5b1ca023dbb66655731