Notepad++ is one of the widely-used source code and text editor, which comes with many features and supports different languages. It is a highly productive tool, which is easy to work with.
If your work is connected to programming, you require specialized software. Notepad++ is one of the best tools, which supports source code editing for different programming languages.
Why Use Notepad++
Notepad++ is a complex text editor, which is packed with additional functions compared to the Notepad. You should be attentive when you do the installation because numerous components can be unchecked to reduce the space on your hard disk. You can skip the localization files and the themes, yet it is recommended to install all the plugins to get a better programming experience. Notepad++ has a clean and intuitive user interface, where all the functions are grouped into specialized menus. It supports many common programming languages. It includes syntax highlighting for all of them. You can work with several documents at the same time. When it comes to development, you can deal with editing, searching, encoding, and running macros.
The Key Functions:
- Syntax Highlighting.
- Syntax Folding.
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting.
- Auto-completion functions.
- Multi-Document support.
- Multi-View mode.
- Supports regular expression search/replace.
- Supports Full Drag 'N' Drop.
- File Status Auto-detection.
- Zoom in/out
- Multi-language support.
- Brace/Indent guideline.
- Macro recording and playback.
The functionality of Notepad++ is great. Additional functions can be added with third-party plugins. All users of Windows are advised to give Notepad++ a try.
What's new in 7.7.1 version?
- Fix drag and drop tab regression: dragging tab is switched to another tab issue.
- Fix an input regression: Cyrillic, Turkish and other languages input issue in ANSI mode.
- Fix an ASP regression: VB looses syntax highlighting in ASP document.
- Fix Reload dialog displaying issue during File Monitoring.
- Fix “unhide lines” markers disappears issue.
- Fix Plugin menu is not localized issue if no plugin installed.
- Add “Copy File Name” command in context menu of “Folder as Workspace”.
- Fix crash while sorting lines with numbers longer than 20 digits.
- Enable Scintilla Virtual Space Option change from macro.
- Add Tcl, CMake and AutoIt keywords; add Python and SQL new syntax highlighting cathegories.
Last Updated: 2019-08-12
File size: 3.5 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: a327dd44a4e2f0e35364bde7c4a59718