TamperMonkey is a simple extension for Google Chrome users that helps to create scripts for this browser. It’s lightweight, has an intuitive interface alongside useful options.
How TamperMonkey Can Help You to Create Scripts for Chrome
TamperMonkey is a browser extension designed for Chrome that allows you to write user scripts and improve the use of Google Chrome. Although Google Chrome contains many user scripts, there is an extension that allows you to add and install even more scripts which are both manageable and customizable.
Users can add this extension via the Chrome web store by adding it to the toolbar. Once the extension is successfully installed, you can begin creating and installing your scripts to increase the functionality of the browser.
It is worth mentioning that this extension is geared toward developers; even though, beginners will find no difficulties manipulating this add-on and writing scripts. You can use the built-in editor to manage or add scripts, using primary functions, such as Insert, Replace, and Search. It is also possible to use three different modes to switch user scripts: Beginner, Novice, and Advanced.
TamperMonkey Key Features Include
- It allows you to create and install user scripts;
- It allows you to edit scripts via the built-in editor;
- It allows you to disable/enable various scripts with one click;
- It supports Scripts Synchronization;
- It has an intuitive interface
In general, TamperMonkey is an extension for Google Chrome that allows users to write or install user scripts. Thanks to its straightforward interface, users without any experience can learn how to manipulate the extension.
What's new in 4.8.41 version?
- Re-enable persistent storage in incognito mode
- Fix GM_xhr onabort callback
- Fix GM_xhr blob response type property
- Fix an issue where uBlock Origin prevents script execution
- Sandbox fixes
- Rely on permissions.getAll instead of permissions.contains
- Fix cloud services authentication
Last Updated: 2019-07-01
File size: 1.25 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP