From time to time, every user should clear cash in Chrome. The key mission of cache is to keep the information about web pages you visited before for faster access (if you are going to visit them again). This data is usually stored on the hard drive and for some users, it can be a privacy issue. Sometimes, the cache can be a reason for unexpected browser glitches. That’s why it is necessary to clear browser cache in Chrome once in a while. Here’s a detailed guide on how to do this yourself.
The Easiest Way to Delete Cache in Chrome
To do this, you need to find the function “Clear Browser Cache”. Use the following shortcut to access it:
- Press all the keys simultaneously Ctrl+Shift+Del.
- You’ll see a window “Clear Browser cache”.
- Now, your goal is to choose for what period cache must be deleted. You’ll see the following options “last hour”, “last day”, “Last week”, etc.
- If your objective is to delete everything, you need to choose “All”.
- Once again look through what data you’ve chosen and submit your chosen items. Just press on the button “Delete browser data”.
- Refresh your browser.
That’s it! All the cache files have to be deleted. However, there’s another solution to this issue, you probably don’t know.
Clear Cache Manually
If (because of some reasons), you can’t or you don’t want to use the above-mentioned method, you can also activate the option “Clear Browser Data” manually. To do this, please, follow these directions:
- In the upper right of your browser, you’ll find a menu button.
- Click on it and you’ll activate the browser settings.
- Now, you need to press on “More tools”.
- In the drop-down menu, you’ll see a few options. You need to choose “Delete Browser data”.
- Now, you have to select what data should be deleted and press the button Delete browser data”.
How to Clear Google Account Data?
Some information about websites that you visited before is kept in your Google account. If you also wish to delete it, you should follow these directions:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Go to Google - My activity page.
- Decide on what items have to be removed and press the button “Delete”.
Following these easy guidelines, you’ll easily empty the cache in Chrome.