The WinSCP software is an open-source SFTP and FTP client that also supports Legacy SCP protocol. It has an easy-to-use GUI that helps you to safely copy or transfer files between a local computer and a remote computer. Furthermore, it has the key function of undertaking basic file manager and file synchronization. It possesses great scripting capabilities for Windows.
How does WinSCP boost your PC?
WinSCP also has the ability to act as a remote editor. All you have to do is click on a (text) file in the remote manager which transfers the file to the local machine and thereafter opens it in the integrated editor giving you the opportunity to explore the software. It is important to know that if you are installing this version of WinSCP over a former version when launching the software for the first time, a warning will pop up asking if you wish to delete temporary folders from the previous version. To view these files, click open. To delete them, click no. To keep them, click yes.
WinSCP has been translated into different languages for users of diverse ethnicities and it carries out all common operations with the use of files. The software has a straightforward batch file scripting and a command line interface. It also supports SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol.
Using a configuration file instead of registry entries, the software optionally supports portable operation, best suited for use through removable media. It supports SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos(GSS) authentication. WinSCP can also perform directory synchronization in various semi or fully automatic methods. The software employs the use of Secure Shell (SSH) and is absolutely free.
Features of WinSCP Include:
- Has integrated text editor; Integration with Windows (drag-and-drop, URL, shortcut icons);
- Optionally stores session information;
- Can transfer files across the network using the SSH encrypted protocol;
- Optionally encrypts files when storing them on SFTP server;
- Can compare file extensions;
- Has a file mask to colour files;
WinSCP is a great software that has been programmed to do various things for your PC, with the sole aim of securely copying files between a local and remote PC, seamlessly.
What's new in 5.15.7 version?
- Translation completed: Russian.
- New DigiCert code signing certificate used for signing binaries valid until February 2023.
Back-propagated fixes and changes from 5.16.1–5.16.2 releases:
- Toggling between light and dark interface theme is faster.
- Bug fix: .NET assembly does not have a digital signature. 1800
- Bug fix: Corrected some help links.
- Bug fix: Occasional hang when loading file icons. 1803
- Bug fix: Failure while closing application and suspending computer after operation completion. 1804
- Bug fix: Failure when switching between light and dark interface themes. 1805
Last Updated: 2019-11-27
File size: 9.39 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: b65955d472cf46f73ac9b71ff4b1d915