When working with a significant number of files and web, there is usually a pressing need to copy several pieces of content from one of them and paste in one or many files. Notwithstanding, it is not as easy as it sounds. Ditto is an extension to the standard keyboard, and it can save every item that is placed on the clipboard, giving you easy access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto also lets you specify what gets saved, images, text, or HTML.
Why Should You Use Ditto?
Ditto is a distinct screen-sharing solution that is created to work for every user. It is designed to make screen-sharing simple, unlimited, and intuitive for the end-user. It can also be described as an open-source extension to the standard Windows clipboard. With this tool, you can save virtually any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, from text to images, HTML, and even custom formats.
Ditto also contains a search option that will enable you to find a particular item without difficulty. This option comes in very handy when the item list is long and hard to browse. The tool also makes it possible for you to save lists to files and load them whenever needed. Meaning, you can go on with your work and still be effective even after moving to a new workstation or restarting your computer.
Ditto lets you select your preferred location for its database as well as repair or compact it when required. In fact, you can copy it to another location, making it easy to relocate to a new machine. With the help of keyboard shortcuts, Ditto can be activated. Additionally, you can assign shortcuts to its respective functions to bring about quicker access and prolific results. You can, however, limit the number of items that the program is allowed to remember, and you can limit the descriptions of these items to a specific number of characters.
To begin use, run DittoDitto, copy things to the clipboard, e.g., using Ctrl-C with text selected in a text editor, then open DittoDitto by clicking its icon in the system tray or by pressing its hotkey which defaults to Ctrl+,’ i.e., hold down Ctrl and press the back-quote (tilde-). On DittoDitto, every key has a particular function. Ctrl-‘ is the default ditto window activation Global HotKey.
With F3, you can view full text or image or HTML of selected text. With the Esc key, you can close the window. The ‘Tab’ moves focus to the next control in the current window. With the Ctrl-Space, you can toggle window between normal and always showing on top (persistent). The ‘Enter’ key allows you to paste selected items in the Target Window, or Enter Group if the item is a group. The ‘Alt-Enter’ key opens the Clip Properties Dialog. F3 shows full description in a tooltip. Ctrl-G shows you the hierarchy of Groups in a treeview. The ‘Backspace’ key navigates you to the Parent Group. With the F7 key, you can create a New Group and place the currently selected Clips in that Group. Using Ctrl-X, C, V, you can cut, copy, and paste clips between Groups (this does not use the Windows clipboard). With the ‘n/p/up/down’ keys, you can move to the next or previous clip while the description window is open.
Key Features of Ditto Include:
- Accessed from tray icon or global hotkey
- Easy-to-use interface
- Display thumbnail of copied images in the list
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Full Unicode support (foreign display characters)
- Uses SQLite database
- UTF-8 support for language files (create language files in any language)
- Paste into any window that accepts standard copy/paste entries
- Keep multiple computers’ clipboard in sync
- Select entry by double-click, enter key or drag and drop
Overall, DittoDitto is both a very handy tool and a great keyboard extender with which you can perform copy and paste tasks more comfortably and effectively. It has support for text, images files, and a lot of other types of content. With the help of keyboard shortcuts, you can manage its database more effectively. Ditto is certified, 100% free to download, contains no spyware, no adware, and no viruses.
What's new in 126.96.36.199 version?
- Fixed crash in latest windows 10 when changing dpi
- Removed message box when we fail to request a file from a remote computer, changed to balloon message in the task tray
- Added option to invert case special paste
- Updated German language file
- Updated to latest version of SQLite, 3.26.
- Added warning message box on compact and repair button is clicked
- Aggregate multiple clips better if some clips don't have all the data needed
- Updated chocolatey portable install script to handle upgrades
- Changed output debug string and output debug to file shortcuts to ctrl-d, ctrl-o and ctrl-d, ctrl-f
- Added back in auto roll-up quick option
- Fixed issue resizing description window with image and then not being able to move next/prev with up/down keys
- Changed right click menu from "filter on" to "filter on selected clip"
- Added export to email, content as attachment Added special paste - slugify
- Fixed import message window size
- Update menu for export to email
- Fixed issue with clicking on an image in description window and the up/down arrows stop working
- Added email to and gmail export options
- Trim include/exclude app text when checking against current app
- Added Hungarian language file
- When the desktop has focus center over the screen with the mouse cursor
- Handle ensure window is visible on differnt dpi monitors better
Last Updated: 2019-10-01
Developer: Scott Brogden
File size: 20.81 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 4803d86e1c6c97634f52046f8ff46f53