YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer) is an excellent software for creating multiboot USB flash drives containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostically, and more. It is a powerful successor to MultibootISOs. It is unlike the MultibootISOs, it uses a syslinux to boot the extracted distributions on the external flash drive. It uses only grub to reboot the ISO files in the USB's if needed.
Why you should use YUMI
YUMI is a lightweight application that lets you create Multiboot portable USB flash drives with a Windows Operating System or Linux OS. It doesn't only give you the ability to create various distributions via its wizard, but you can as well, delete whichever one you no longer need by just clicking on a checkbox. Since it is lightweight, you do not need to install it, as you can carry it anywhere you go in a USB drive. It is very fast and efficient, with a simple user interface with few functions for you to select from.
To use YUMI, you have to accept its license agreement terms after which its setup wizard will open for you in the place you need to choose a drive of your system as its USB drive. You will then have to select a distribution from the drop-down list to put there. Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian Live, Fedora, Only Linux Netbook, Sisters, Antivirus tools and system tools are some of the categories you can choose the distribution from. The selected distribution can be downloaded from the internet. After you have downloaded the file and kept it with YUMI setup, you can select it by browsing your system and clicking the create button for the creation of a bootable flash drive.
This software offers good help for users who require the installation of different Operating Systems frequently on their computers. The program helps you keep a wide variety of operating systems in your USB drives so you do not have to keep and protect too many CDs.
Features of YUMI
- It can remove distributions that are not being developed anymore;
- Support for Xiaopan, Windows 10, Bitdefender Rescue CD, DBan, CentOS 7, Clonezilla 2.4.2-10 and Ultimate Edition 4, Acronis True Image, Tails 0.23 and Dr Web LiveDisk;
- It can forcefully enable ISO files display as well as using the Add GRUB option;
- It constantly gets updated to make it more advanced for its users;
- Helps you get rid of keeping and protecting a large number of CDs, by keeping multiple operating systems in your USB;
- It takes a short time to complete an assigned process;
- It does not drag too much of your system resources.
YUMI is a nicely organized multiboot drive, which you can use for storing other data. It is relatively lightweight and very easy to use.
What's new in 22.214.171.124 version?
- Quick update to support newer Zorin OS.
Last Updated: 2019-10-07
File size: 1.76 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 519a22db3b9c3c31ebaf836da936e959