Saving files exclusively on your Hard Disk Drive can be very risky as you can easily all of your files if something goes wrong. It is best to save sensitive information on external drives like C.D.s, DVDs, or USB flash drive because they are a little bit more secure than saving them on your Hard Disk Drive. However, if you have a personal reason for not saving your files and documents on external devices and only want them stored on your computer’s Hard Disk Drive, you will have to keep an eye out for the performance statistics constantly. That is exactly where software like Victoria comes to the fray. Victoria is a third party Hard Disk Drive utility that will help you keep an eye out for how well your computer’s Hard Disk Drive is performing, and also fix some issues that may arise.
Victoria is developed by Victoria HDD Utility for Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 Operating Systems. You are required to have at least one point eighteen megabytes (1.18 MB) free memory space on your computer before you are able to download and install this application successfully. With Victoria, you can perform computer diagnostics, research, speed testing, and also minor repair of hard drives, S.S.D. drives, memory cards, and several other drives found in the Windows Operating System. With this software, you will be able to test the surface condition of any drive, thanks particularly to the powerful HDD surface scanner that is built into the program.
Why You Should Use Victoria
Victoria is a free program that allows you to perform different types of diagnosis on your hard disk drive to ensure that it is performing at its possible best at all times. With Victoria, you will be able to test the surface condition of any drive, thanks to a powerful Hard Disk Drive surface scanner that comes in-built with the program. With this in-built utility, you are going to be able to check your computer’s hard disk drive for bad areas, floating defects, and interface errors. With Victoria, you will be able to perform tests on most discs very quickly, no matter the type of disc that you come in contact with. This scanner has a special algorithm that automatically allows you to set timeouts and block size that can be used in checking both slow and fast disks. The result of the test is provided within three minutes regardless of the volume of the test that will be carried out. With this test, you will be aware of drives that are functioning and offers an opportunity to measure parameters such as the speed at the beginning and at the end, access time, behavior at different block sizes, and comparing devices according to their technical features. You can always save the chart (result) to files from where they can be loaded back into the program.
The analysis carried out by Victoria will show you the hard disks model, the disk size, features, and total size of the hard disk drive. With this powerful application, you will also be able to enjoy viewing advanced details like the Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.), which includes the raw read error rate, the number of spin-up times, seek error rate, start and stop count and power-on time. Victoria also offers support for USB external storage by allowing you to receive a passport ad S.M.A.R.T. parameters HDD and S.S.D. through a USB that will enable you to find out everything about the hard drives that are hidden in USB boxes. There is also an added cache management through USB, S.M.A.R.T. test carried out through a USB. You can control the level of the acoustic noise by changing how fast the movement of heads is, thanks to the Automatic Acoustic Management. Victoria also promises improved support for drive passports. What a Hard Disk Drive passport essentially it is an information that characterizes the HDD/SDD family and all its separate individual features. Included are the name of the manufacturer, the name of the model, the serial number, microcode version, geometry, and interface. With Victoria, you will be able to see the passport of the driven hidden in the USB case, which will help in determining the type of drive installed inside it.
Every modern Hard Disk Drive offers support for security features like the ability to set a password which offers protection against unauthorized access to your personal data. But it is most apparent that when you place the drive in a USB container will make the features not to be available in most devices. With Victoria working with a drive courtesy a USB bridge, there are far fewer restrictions in comparison to utilities from manufacturers or hard disk drives.
Key Features of Victoria Includes
- It allows you to conduct surface tests on any drive.
- Completes the surface test and Provides the result in less than three minutes.
- Offers support for USB external storage.
- It enables you to track the status of hard drives.
- Enables you to conduct scans on your hard drive and fix minor issues.
- It allows you to configure some settings to suit your taste.
Victoria is a very important tool for checking the health of your Hard Disk Drive. It comes with a very simple to use and handy layout that can be controlled by both novice and expert users.
What's new in 5.21 version?
- Changed the algorithm for determining the volume of drives, taking into account the features of all versions of Windows from 7 to 10. There is no universal way. Some functions in different systems work slightly differently or do not work at all. In this regard, switches have been added to "Settings" -> "Passport" to disable the SCSI commands 25 and 9E at all. By default, both teams are enabled, and the program tries the second after failure with the first. But if on your system such phenomena as a program freeze during disk detection are observed, you need to try installing these daws. In this case, the volume of the drive will be determined through the third function, which is less accurate, but this is better than nothing at all.
- Disabled additional scroll in eventlog, because glitches were observed on some systems. This did not affect the appearance of the program.
- For experimental purposes, a switch has been added to "Settings" -> "SMART", which transfers receiving SMART NVMe to another mode. Usually this does not affect anything, but if your drive fails to get SMART NVMe, try checking the corresponding box.
Last Updated: 2019-11-30
Developer: Victoria HDD Utility
File size: 1.34 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 4e1854bd1926f6ccf95813227aac8f8e