There is a constant need to save and share information conveniently from several locations all over the world. Data is usually lost when physical storage devices get damaged or stolen. System malfunction, as well as computer viruses and malware, can also cause loss of data. The measures aimed at preventing a devastating loss of data must be efficient and secure.
Having an alternate copy of all important files in another location ensures that you do not lose everything as a result of unforeseen errors. SyncBack is a scalable and reliable tool designed to help users save important files to ensure that nothing gets lost.
How Does SyncBack Work?
SyncBack is an important tool that facilitates the backing up of system files and folders on the local drive or remote storage. The software allows mirroring of files and folders as well as synchronization across various platforms.
It has a simple interface with a number of features to enable you to create a backup of your data for easy access when the need arises. You are also able to schedule tasks and create backup profiles that specify the processes which should occur at a given time. Apart from being able to save the data on hard drives, SyncBack enables you to back up files and folders on to FTP accounts, email servers and a couple of cloud storage solutions like Amazon S3, OpenStack and Microsoft Azure.
Multi-threading is supported to ensure the smooth transfer of data to and from all storage locations. The mirrored data can also be saved on your preferred backup site. During a full system backup, system log, temporary files, and the recycle bin are skipped. This tool gives you the ability to decide what happens to duplicate or missing files on either the source or destination.
SyncBack also supports the compression of files to the ZIP format. Files on the backup location can also be encrypted to ensure that the data is only readable by the owner or someone with the secret key.
SyncBack Key Features Include:
- Online access through FTP accounts, email servers, and cloud storage solutions;
- Versioning to help keep track of changes;
- Synchronize across several computers
- Scheduling to ensure that tasks are completed at a specified time;
- Data compression and encryption for added security.
It is wise to have a backup mechanism in place to forestall the devastating effects of data loss. SyncBack is fast, reliable and easy to use, making it ideal for computer users with various levels of proficiency.
What's new in 18.104.22.168 version?
- ew (Pro/SE): Profiles set to run periodically or when files are changed can now be added to the queue instead of being run immediately
- Updated (Pro): TLS 1.2 is now always used with Box
- Updated: The option of what to do when all profiles end is now saved
- Updated (Pro): In the New Profile Wizard there is an add button to manually add a cloud bucket
- Updated (Pro/SE): SSL connections are re-used with FTPS when using Eldos FTP engine (already does this with WeOnlyDo)
- Fixed: Windows positions when taskbar is on left or top of screen
- Fixed: You can now rename a profile to the same name but with different case
- Fixed (SE): The 64-bit No Install release had the wrong non-admin manifest file
- Fixed (Pro/SE): When using parallel compression or cloud transfers, in rare cases it may fail to end the profile
Last Updated: 2019-11-30
File size: 29.14 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 79b9aa89f6fdcf1d0383ee2d65513a9a