When you are working with geospatial data, you need suitable tools that enable you to load as well as handle information saved in particular formats. GeoServer is a Java-based utility that allows you to view and edit geospatial data.
Why should you give GeoServer a try?
To begin with, the software is designed to work with various data types related to the development of detailed maps. The tool allows you to display, edit and make images or maps in such formats as Shapefiles, KML, KMZ, SVG, GML, JPG, PNG or PDF.
The utility comes with a free mapping library – OpenLayers. The library is integrated into GeoServer. Such an approach makes map generation fast and easy.
The app is built on Geotools, which is an open source Java GIS toolkit. The software can display data on such mapping apps as Google Maps, Google Earth, Yahoo Maps, and Microsoft Virtual Earth.
It needs to be mentioned that the tool can be connected with such GIS architectures as ESRI ArcGIS.
GeoServer allows you to share and edit geospatial data with ease. The utility can publish data from any major spatial data source that uses open standards: WMS, WFS, WCS, WPS, and REST.
- App-related formats supported.
- Most mapping apps supported.
To sum everything up, it is safe to say that GeoServer is a utility that allows you to create, view, and edit geospatial data simply and efficiently.
What's new in 2.16.0 version?
- WMS GetFeatureInfo formats text/html, text/plain, text/xml and application/vnd.ogc.gml (GML2) don't handle time correctly
- Wrong URL scheme in layer preview
- GetCapabilities on a single layer fails if a style is duplicated
- Switching from System Status to Modules tab gives an error.
- Nodata is not made transparent after channelSelect+contrastEnhancement on multibands dataset
- WFS GeoJSONBuilder limits max nested level to 20
- Cannot configure hyperspectral image in "bin" package, form too big
- Allow setting Entity Expansion limit on WFS XML Readers
- Add GetLegendGraphic request support on external WMS layers
Last Updated: 2019-10-07
Developer: Open Source Geospatial Foundation
File size: 103.28 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 2957508f6a65a750c1ae0bd283f107a0