Pegasus Mail is an absolutely secure and powerful email client designed specifically for Windows OS. The software is free to use and has no ads (nothing will distract your attention from work). It is a proven application because its first version was released in 1990. Millions of users have already tested its features and, still, it remains a top-ranked mail client.
Overview of the Main Features
The software comes with a number of great features boosting your productivity with emails. The main options are as follows:
- Spam filtering;
- Address book;
- Spell Check;
- Multilanguage support;
- HTML display engine;
- Support of several IMAP and POP accounts.
Its spam filtering feature is based on Bayesian Techniques. Due to top-quality encryption technologies, your emails are always protected.
Another benefit is its filtering system. The email client allows you to set up your mailing lists using mail merging. If you prefer customizing emails in groups, you’ll definitely appreciate this option.
However, there are a few disadvantages too. Firstly, it is the interface, which shows its true age. Last time, it was updated 10 years ago. Modern users prefer flatter visual elements. The message editor also requires updates.
All in all, Pegasus Main is a time-proven mail client, which has already been tested by millions of users. If you are easy-going about some features, you’ll definitely appreciate its functionality. It does its main job perfectly!
What's new in 4.73 version?
- New OpenSSL build This version includes OpenSSL v1.0.2n, a recent release with numerous fixes and with new capabilities such as support for Perfect Forward Secrecy. For those who are wondering why we have not moved from the v1.0.2 family of OpenSSL to v1.1.x, it's mainly because the move requires a number of code changes, and we want to be sure the v1.1.x stream is completely stable before migrating to it; rest assured that we will move to it in due course though.
- Security fix a DLL load order bug reported by security researcher "hyp3rlinx" has been fixed. We are not aware of any exploitation of this bug to date, and it is a fairly low-impact problem, but better to be safe than sorry.
- Completely updated Help system This is the first Pegasus Mail version 5 feature to make it to release - we are adding it ahead of v5 because it's extremely useful, and because it is also stands on its own well in either version. The new help file has been completely brought up to date, with a much improved appearance and a much improved table of contents and index. It is also far easier to maintain from a developer standpoint, so it should be simpler to keep it aggressively up-to-date in future.
- Updated HTML rendering components The arms race continues... Martin and Michael have once more put considerable time and effort into updating IERenderer and BearHTML to support the ever-changing HTML landscape: I would like to offer my deepest thanks to them for their tireless efforts in what can be a very thankless area.
Last Updated: 2019-06-11
Developer: David Harris
File size: 11.95 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 3e6b75a6c55c0cc483b3720e1902910b