Video games have been around for a while now, letting people play against the computer or each other for bragging rights. The internet has made it possible for gamers to play against their friends in different parts of the world from the comfort of their homes. It is also worthy of note that communication during gameplay has become a trend, as a couple of games require advanced collaboration among players for successfully completing special quests.
Several networks are now being developed for video gaming communities, for easy communication between teammates and friends via text, image, audio, and video. Gamers who have accounts on more than one platform may get confused while juggling all of them as it requires switching from one client to the other. Ripcord brings your Slack and Discord accounts together in one place.
How Can Ripcord Benefit PC Users?
Ripcord is an amazing tool that makes it possible for users to stay in touch with their friends from Discord and Slack while accessing several channels, servers, and games at the same time. It has an intuitive interface with lots of features that allow users to customize their experience while responding to chats or performing other tasks.
Once launched, you would need to set up any of the services that you intend to use with the software by inputting your account details. This brings you to your dashboard as your favorite bookmarks, threads, chats, and groups are imported, among other resources. You can have multiple windows or tabs running for different accounts that have been configured for use with Ripcord.
Setting up your Slack account is quite straightforward compared to Discord which involves inputting several parameters such as the authorization token for managing your bot. There is an event log that helps users to track bugs and errors which would be fixed by the developers in subsequent updates. You can also configure your service notifications which alert you when there are interactions from any of your accounts.
With hotkey support, the program allows for the execution of certain commands using special key combinations. There are several other options that can be customized through the Preferences menu to improve user experience. You get to customize display features, tabs, fonts and colors, notifications, scrolling speed and behavior, as well as input and output devices for voice chats.
Users get to choose the audio output channel and record voice commands for different mic behaviors. The appearance of the interface can also be changed by switching to any of the available themes.
Key Features of Ripcord Include:
- Stay in touch with your friends from Discord and Slack.
- Access several channels, servers, and games at the same time.
- Your favorite bookmarks, threads, chats, and groups, among other resources, are imported.
- Run multiple windows or tabs for different accounts.
- Manage your Discord bot.
- An event log that helps users to track bugs and errors.
- Configure your service notifications which alert you when there are new interactions.
- Hotkey support for various commands.
- Customize display features, scrolling speed and behavior, fonts and colors, tabs, and notifications.
- Choose input and output devices for voice chats.
- Select your preferred audio output channel.
- Record voice commands for different mic behaviors.
- Change interface appearance with themes.
Ripcord provides an alternate means of accessing your Slack and Discord accounts without using a large number of system resources. You can easily play your games while having a fun time with your friends anywhere in the world.
What's new in 0.4.21 version?
- Overhauled the Slack stuff in the sidebar.
- Workspaces are grouped singularly (you'll understand what that means when you see it.)
- Channels and DMs now have the kind of subgrouping you would expect.
- Channels are now positioned above DMs in each workspace group, the same as the original Slack web client.
- The workspace group now shows an unread badge at the top level (the total number of channels and DMs with unread messages.)
- There is now a "Slack" section which can be used to fold away all Slack workspace groups.
- Added support for channel muting.
- The muting state of public channels, private channels, DM channels and group DM channels are all respected.
- Muted channels are synchronized correctly with the Slack server and your other Slack clients you may be using.
- Muted channels won't have unread badges appear for them.
- Muted channels will have an eye-slash icon in the sidebar.
- Channels can be muted and unmuted via the context menu in the sidebar, or from the "Channel" menu when a Slack channel tab is selected.
- Ripcord will also let you mute DMs with "apps" -- which the normal Slack client won't let you.
- Fixed 'seletion' typo in the toolbar for Slack threads overview tabs.
Last Updated: 2019-11-26
File size: 16.1 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: f0dd99d283bc485ecc19122e0360c8e2