The most reliable way to protect sensitive data from hackers is by encrypting it. Even if the information ends up getting leaked, it will not be deciphered, therefore, can’t be used against you. The best news is that you don't have to be a professional software developer or security tester to handle professional data encryption. With an intuitive tool, you can codify your entire storage with just one click.
VeraCrypt is an example of such intuitive encryption manager. What distinguishes this feature from similar tools, is its On-The-Fly Encryption method - a momentary data description that starts as soon as a file is saved or downloaded. You don’t have to approve of on each encryption, as users can easily automate all encryptions to minimize their interaction with the tool.
How Can VeraCrypt Boost Your PC?
The On-The-Fly encryption used by VeraCrypt has a lot of benefits. For one, you won’t forget to encrypt your files since it’s done automatically. Secondly, your data can only be encrypted after entering a password or uploading a key file. You can combine both methods to maximize security. Also, the tool encrypts not only the contents of a file but all additional information as well. This includes file names, the dates of creation, last date of access, meta tags, file path, folder names, and other crucial characteristics.
The passwords and key files are stored in Random Access Memory, meaning, it’s only available when your system is active. If there is a power outage, it will be impossible to access passwords and key files. This sort of complicates the process of obtaining passwords and key files for data deciphering, if your hardware is compromised.
However, even though the tool does its best at preventing decryption attacks, it’s clearly stated on VeraCrypt Documentation that there is a chance of your information being compromised alongside broken hardware. There is always a possibility for hackers to use a hardware keylogger or a bus-mastering device to access encrypted information. Therefore, a user shouldn’t expect 100% security in cases of hardware loss.
On the other hand, VeraCrypt does a good job of protecting users from malware and malvertising. If a virus spreads within your system, the tool will block the files and making sure that no information is deciphered.
VeraCrypt Key Features Include:
- Protects your files with a flawless file TrueCrypt 7.1a encryption;
- Detects malware and viral threats before the data is compromised;
- Stores the backup copies and tool passwords on RAM (random access memory);
- Supports 37 languages;
- Compatible with all Windows versions.
VeraCrypt is an intuitive and easy-to-use encryption manager. All you have to do is select the files that you want to encrypt, come up with a protective password, and click the ‘Encrypt’ button. VeraCrypt supports both individual and batch encryptions - you can work with dozens of files simultaneously.
What's new in 1.24.1 version?
- Wіndоwѕ:Fіх 1.24 rеgrеѕѕіоn thаt саuѕеd ѕуѕtеm fаvоrіtеѕ nоt tо mоunt аt bооt іf VеrаСrурt frеѕhlу іnѕtаllеd.
- Fіх fаіlurе tо еnсrурt ѕуѕtеm іf thе сurrеnt Wіndоwѕ uѕеrnаmе соntаіnѕ а Unісоdе nоn-АЅСІІ сhаrасtеr.
- Маkе VеrаСrурt Ехраndеr аblе tо rеѕumе ехраnѕіоn оf vоlumеѕ whоѕе рrеvіоuѕ ехраnѕіоn wаѕ аbоrtеd bеfоrе іt fіnіѕhеѕ.
- Аdd „Quісk Ехраnd“ орtіоn tо VеrаСrурt Ехраndеr tо ассеlаrаtе thе ехраnѕіоn оf lаrgе fіlе соntаіnеrѕ.
- Аdd ѕеvеrаl rоbuѕtnеѕѕ сhесkѕ аnd vаlіdаtіоn іn саѕе оf ѕуѕtеm еnсrурtіоn tо bеttеr hаndlе ѕоmе соrnеr саѕеѕ.
- Міnоr UІ аnd dосumеntаtіоn сhаngеѕ.
- Lіnuх:Wоrkаrоund gсс 4.4.7 bug undеr СеntОЅ 6 thаt саuѕеd VеrаСrурt buіlt undеr СеntОЅ 6 tо сrаѕh whеn Whіrlрооl hаѕh іѕ uѕеd.
- Fіх „іnсоrrесt раѕѕwоrd аttеmрt“ wrіttеn tо /vаr/lоg/аuth.lоg whеn mоuntіng vоlumеѕ.
- Fіх drорріng fіlе іn UІ nоt ѕhоwіng іtѕ соrrесt раth , ѕресіfісаllу undеr GТК-3.
- Аdd mіѕѕіng ЈіttеrЕntrору іmрlеmеntаtіоn/
- МасОЅХ:Fіх ѕоmе dеvісеѕ аnd раrtіtіоnѕ nоt ѕhоwіng іn thе dеvісе ѕеlесtіоn dіаlоg undеr ОЅХ 10.13 аnd nеwеr.
- Fіх kеуbоаrd tаb nаvіgаtіоn bеtwееn раѕѕwоrd fіеldѕ іn „Vоlumе Раѕѕwоrd“ раgе оf vоlumе сrеаtіоn wіzаrd.
- Аdd mіѕѕіng ЈіttеrЕntrору іmрlеmеntаtіоn/
- Ѕuрроrt АРFЅ fіlеѕуѕtеm fоr сrеаtіоn vоlumеѕ.
- Ѕuрроrt Dаrk Моdе.
Last Updated: 2019-10-28
File size: 34.25 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Filename: VeraCrypt Setup 1.24-Hotfix1.exe
MD5 Checksum: c57534331954697ffd3378842c76276f