Data encryption is becoming a growing trend these days. More PC users are finally aware of all the risk of viruses or malware, spying, stealing and misusing personal data. AxCrypt is one of the most popular tools in the data encryption market, with over 20 million downloads worldwide.
AxCrypt provides AES-128/256 encryption algorithm and data compressions. You can encrypt the files on your hard drive as well as email attachments, USB files, DVDs, CDs, and others. Secured files can be easily shared via messengers or email. AxCrypt offers cloud storage file encryption as well. The tool automatically identifies a cloud service provider and you can open and view those files securely.
How Can AxCrypt Boost Your PC?
AxCrypt is a software tool for seamless data encryption. Without using too much system power, this program allows multiple-factor security so that you can store sensitive data securely. The utility allows users to store all of their passwords securely using a built-in password management feature.
While AxCrypt is mainly designed to secure files, you can designate folders for encryptions as well. The folders are constantly monitored, new files are automatically encrypted as soon as they are added to the folder. You can batch-encrypt files as well. The interface of AxCrypt is available in multiple languages too, English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, and Korean.
AxCrypt is a lightweight program - it uses up little system memory and doesn’t affect your system performance. AxCrypt comes with a simple and easy-to-use layout. You can see the list of all your secured files, the encryption algorithms used as well as all the encrypted folders.
AxCrypt Main Features:
- Easy-to-use multilingual interface;
- Virtual password management;
- Offline encryption;
- Strong encryption algorithms - 128-bit and 256-bit AES;
- Folder and bulk compression available;
- Large file support - encrypt files with file size up to 4GB;
- Permanent file removal feature;
- A customizable easy-to-use interface for the command line;
- Open-source GNU General Public License.
AxCrypt is a Windows tool that enables easy and fast file encryption. It’s a solid choice when it comes to protecting medical data, as well as financial and employment information. The software can protect both the hard drive data or network server data. There’s also a wide range of data protection tools, such as Password Generator and Cloud Storage Awareness.
What's new in 2.1.1585.0 version?
- Invitation dialog
- Remove from Recent Files list options are enabled when file is open and decrypted
- Add possibility to remove key sharing recipients from the list of known recipients
- Drag and dropped files to recent files do not display decrypted file name
- Info dialog about opening without asking is displayed even when asking for file password
- Update copyright year in about
- Max button size is too small
- Enable ‘Change Password’ even when signed out.
- Desktop notification when a lengthy operation has completed.
- Warning popup when skipping ignored files
- Enable open file while logged out
- Update Code Signing certificate
- When inviting users, allow the inviter to select recipient language
- When inviting a user, a free-text-field should be included for a personal message
- Help button missing in initial information signup dialog
- Password reset disabled after local reset
- Should hide/remove the share key icon after encrypting a file in the recent files tab.
- Key share icon should display in recent files tab once key share the file.
- Get premium/Try premium text should be translated when changing the languages.
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException when using close(x) icon to close the app startup alert popups
- Do not allow the user to exit the AxCrypt app when encrypted files are pending.
- Error message should be displayed when the entered activation code is wrong
- Translations and texts maintenance
Last Updated: 2019-07-17
Developer: AxCrypt AB
File size: 6.35 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 9fa21c02b648ab03f48e91ce6be641dd