Reaper Audio Workstation, designed by Cockos Incorporated, is the software for recording music, audio processing, and audio engineering. The program offers its users a wide range of functions and is more suitable for experienced users and professionals. There are different reasons for ordinary users to use digital audio studios. You might be an amateur musician or just taking first steps to music creation. Of course, t even professional musicians are looking for some other software that meets their needs.
On the web, there are different digital studios, and they all have something in common, but also each of these programs is trying to offer something unique to its users. One of such software is Reaper Audio Workstation, that, besides some basic functions, includes several unique and useful options as well. It has to be mentioned that Reaper Audio Workstation is not an audio editor and does not offer a wide range of audio editing functions. The primary purpose of the program is to process music. That is why, the software will not be easy for users without any experience, because it requires specific music creation skills to use it.
Why Use Reaper Audio Workstation?
Users can apply an unlimited number of effects on a single track. And any effects settings can be saved in a file of the FX chain. By doing this, you can use these very effects later for other tracks. In addition, you can work with files of different sample frequency in one project. With Reaper Audio Workstation, a user can copy or paste tracks, effects, automation between several simultaneously open projects, as well as their simultaneous playback from different time points.
Moreover, another important feature is the unlimited number of tracks and the unlimited number of items on one track. The program also offers flexibility in working with MIDI files and full support for MIDI devices (keyboards, synthesizer, etc.) Also, an important aspect is the ability to work with video files and their minimal montage: most straightforward smooth transitions between frames, jpg type images, and others. Speaking about functions to edit audio files, Reaper Audio Workstation offers only basic options.
Key features include:
- 64-bit audio processing
- A wide range of effects equal to studio quality
- Universal, hybrid type of tracks
- Unlimited number of effects for each track
- Rewire function
- Relatively low cost
- Ability to setup interface for your personal needs
Reaper Audio Workstation is compatible r Windows, Linux, and MacOS.
All in all, Reaper Audio Workstation is a well-designed and high-quality analog for other digital studios. Besides very useful functions and features, another benefit of using the app is that you can pay less and keep all functions. Moreover, despite the basic number of editing options, Reaper Audio Workstation offers quite a wide range of different features to create and process music.
What's new in 5.99 version?
- Cursors: restore 5.984 ibeam cursor for arrange empty areas
- Directory cleanup: fix Ctrl+A/Cmd+A in various circumstances [t=227456]
- Enterprise support: support installing files from (exe path)/REAPERConfigTemplate or (on macOS) /Library/Application Support/REAPER/REAPERConfigTemplate/ to user config path
- Glue: fix incorrect timing information/transport state reporting/sample accurate automation for take FX [t=222983]
- macOS: safer handling of first responder chain when hiding/destroying child windows
- MIDI export: fix exporting tempomap when project time offset is negative [t=206959]
- Metronome: fix setting project custom beat pattern if the project contains measures that are longer than the project default time signature [t=227383]
- Mouse modifiers: use marquee cursor for marquee+time selection combination
- Mouse modifiers: improve execution speed of actions to change default mouse modifiers [t=227578]
- Tempo map: improve behavior of insert measure from loop selection at high/low tempos [t=227743]
- ReWire: allow enabling of 32-bit rewire on Mojave via rewire_allow32=1 in reaper.ini
- Ripple editing: fix items becoming ungrouped when editing with ripple-per-track enabled [p=2207703]
- VST: support setting all VST3 MIDI programs even if the plugin reports a program count of zero [t=226298]
- Web interface: fix hung connection if requesting a directory path on linux/macOS [t=227491]
Last Updated: 2019-11-30
File size: 9.8 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: db8743a52de6248e6e94bb2db5de547d