Why should you give OBS Studio a try?
OBS Studio is a tool that allows you to create professional videos and live stream set-ups and then share them on the Internet. To begin with, the utility is simple and quick to install. The interface it comes with is minimalistic and user-friendly.
The software enables you to connect to such streaming services as Twitch, YouTube or DailyMotion. What is more, you can also add your custom streaming service. You can save the recordings on your local drives in such high-quality formats as MOV, FLV, MKV, MP4, TS, and M3u8.
OBS Studio allows you to configure the stream. The tool is designed in such a way that you can change the resolution, adjust the FPS, alter the delay and set the maximum bitrate. The app comes with a dynamic API that enables you to create your own plugins. You can include such files into the streaming as Audio Input and Output Capture, Display Captures, Images, and Browser.
- Video recording and live streaming.
- Free and open-source.
- Allowed plugins and scripts.
- High-performance video and audio capture and mixing.
- Live facecam or picture-in-picture addition.
- Transition library.
- Hotkeys for actions available.
- Studio mode.
- User-friendly interface.
To sum everything up, it is safe to say that OBS Studio is a useful and practical tool for video recording and live streaming on Windows PCs.
What's new in 23.2.1 version?
- Fixed a crash that could happen with the popular third-party obs-ndi plugin
- Fixed the tray icon being shown even when the tray icon was disabled in settings
- Fixed a display bug with sources when a custom color was applied to the list item in the sources list box
- Fixed a bug where background-removing cameras would have a hall of mirrors effect
Last Updated: 2019-07-12
Developer: OBS Project
File size: 63.55 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista
MD5 Checksum: efc068a242fbc78932b30bfebe410fef