Why should you give MusicBee a try?
MusicBee is a tool that allows you to organize, find and play music files on your computer and other devices. The utility enables you to manage and play your audio tracks. To begin with, the software comes with a user-friendly interface, which allows you to import tracks and artwork from iTunes or the Windows Media library.
The playlist enables you to view the artist, title, album, year, genre, rating and time length of each audio track. MusicBee allows you to play songs, view album artwork, queue a track, edit ID3 tags, rate music, and auto-tag by album or track. The utility comes with a search function. What is more, you can also create a new library, manage filters, enable shuffle or repeat mode, import and export subscriptions and radio stations, and view play history.
You can create and edit playlist mixers, view upcoming releases and concerts online. Besides, the tool allows you to enable automatic shutdowns, copy tags, change the viewing mode, choose configurations for the layout, turn on Auto DJ as well as apply a crossfade effect. There is a range of tagging tools that the software comes with.
The application is lightweight so that it does not use a lot of the system resources. It needs to be mentioned that there is an online guide included.
- Most popular formats, including MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A are supported.
- Extensive metadata support.
- User-friendly interface.
- Integration with Last.fm.
- Integration with popular music blogs.
- Automatic download of album artwork.
- 5 Band Spectrum Visualizer, Smart Cross-Fade, 10 Band Equalizer, DSP Effects and support for WASAPI and ASIO.
To sum everything up, it is safe to say that MusicBee is a utility that allows you to manage and play audio files with ease.
What's new in 3.3.7115 version?
- now supports grouping subscriptions by folder
- the folders panel can be displayed by clicking the Podcast header, and tick/untick "Show Folders Panel"
- when the folders panel is displayed, you can drag/drop subscriptions to a folder to easily re-organise your subscriptions
- new % Played field displayable in the main panel thats shows for episodes that have been started, and not completed, the % of the episode played
- visual indicator that indicates podcast subscriptions that have failed to update (check the error log for details of the error)
- option to only show downloaded subscriptions (click the Podcast header, and tick "Show Downloaded Episodes Only")
- when viewing the episodes of indiviual subscriptions there is a button to toggle displaying Unplayed episodes only or all episodes
- hotkeys to speed or slow the Tempo in 10% steps, and a hotkey to reset the Tempo:
- Player: Tempo Decrease (-10%)
- Player: Tempo Increase (+10%)
- Player: Tempo Reset
- now supports grouping stations by folder
- you can drag/drop stations to a folder to easily re-organise your stations
- the folders panel can be hidden if you dont want to use it
- radio stations can be manually sorted (click the Radio header, and tick "Manual Station Sorting")
- new default skin
- support for windows 10 style icons and better icons for high-dpi screens - its up to the skin authors whether they can to make use of these
- various skinning enhancements that will be used by some skins
- option to replace the genre in synchronised files with the "Genre Category". Also this option ensures only one genre is present in the file
- option to display the playing track text on multiple lines. Right click on the player panel/ Panel Layout/ and tick "Show Track Details on Multiple Lines". This option is not available for all skins
- option to hide the progress bar. You might use this option when displaying a wavebar in the main panel. Right click on the player panel/ Panel Layout/ and tick "Do Not Display"
- wavebar can now be configured to show 2 wavebars - one for each channel
- hotkey for "Playback: Play Displayed Files Shuffled"
- when pasting album artwork, you can now "Paste Add" to add a new picture
- when pasting artwork, you can now specify a custom location when saving the pasted picture
- sorting tracks in the main panel is now approx 50% faster, although you probably wont notice unless you have a large collection
- updated to .NET 4.6.1
- various bug fixes
- translator file - updated new.txt file (this file is only used by translators and not required for the MusicBee application update):
- links updated to fix a couple of bugs reported
Last Updated: 2019-06-27
Developer: Steven Mayall
File size: 8.75 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7
MD5 Checksum: c6e6729ab61ee7149e822ae8147457d7