Why should you give Foobar2000 a try?
Foobar2000 is a convenient and flexible audio player for the Windows Platform. To begin with, the utility is customizable so that you can suit it to your needs and preferences. The interface the software comes with is simple. Nevertheless, if you are inexperienced with similar apps, it may appear a little challenging. However, there is help documentation included so that you can easily get the hang of the tool.
The software does not use a lot of system resources so that it does not overload the system.
The playlist manager that Foobar2000 comes with enables you to drag songs you want to play over the main window and have them saved to a list under a custom name. The hotkey support allows you to easily access all the features.
The app supports all the most popular audio formats, such as MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, and SND. You can use the skins that the tool comes with or you can download the ones that suit your preferences best.
It needs to be pointed out that it may take you a while to install the utility.
- Most audio formats supported.
- Gapless playback.
- Unicode support.
- Customizable user interface.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture.
To sum everything up, it is safe to say that Foobar2000 is a useful audio player that can be easily customized according to your needs.
What's new in 1.4.6 version?
- Made Converter never overwrite the source files.
- Fixed Properties autocomplete vs multiline edit box clash.
- Fixed earlier 1.4 series regression with writing of ID3v2 COMMENT fields to TXXX frames instead of COMM.
- Fixed incorrect Converter output with both “don't reset DSP between tracks” and “copy other files” features in use.
Last Updated: 2019-08-13
File size: 4.25 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: eda46c34ef0fe767ceecf2e27f12e668