Creating visual content for printed formats is a responsible task which not all graphics editors are capable of doing. It’s enough to simply choose the wrong color scheme or wrong page format to receive an unexpected result on the paper. To protect your work from unpleasant surprises, it’s better to use a designated editor, created specifically for printed contents.
Scribus is a popular graphics editing tool for preparing printed content. It provides a user with printable color palettes, print adapted ready-to-use templates, and simple interface, easy to understand even for a complete design beginner.
How Can Scribus Boost Your PC?
Scribus is a DTP freeware with a possibility to create visuals for printing. The image will be adapted to the latest printed standards and various printers’ models. Along with the basic editing tools, it offers an intuitive previewing system and a wide range of pre-made templates, adapted to the particular type of content and page size.
The software allows you to create brochures, advertisement materials like posters, business cards, newsletters, prepare PDF documents, and teaching materials. Whether you work in a professional advertising agency or prepare a school project, this software will provide you with a template for any printable project.
Also, the tool has more than 200 color palettes that correspond with the printers’ color standards. This rich collection is created mostly for commercial purposes but also complies to regional and government standards. Since all of these palettes are created specifically for printing, you will not have an unpleasant surprise after the file is printed.
Scribus supports all most popular color schemes, including CMYK and RGB along with reliable color management tools. In fact, this software treats color management quite seriously, providing users with a list of features for picking the most suitable color and adjusting the pre-printing settings. You can even check how your content will look like to people with vision deficiencies to make it suitable for all your potential readers.
Scribus Key Features Include:
- Create compelling visual designs specifically for printing;
- Choose a color palette from 200 options that correspond with commercial and governmental standards;
- Use hundreds of pre-made templates for advertising, mailing, teaching, and studying materials;
- Preview your content to see whether it’s readable for people with visual deficiencies;
- Ask the online community for advice and use a detailed software Wiki to receive official recommendations;
Scribus is a multifunctional but simple graphics editor for creating compelling printable materials. The software's interface is more intuitive, compared to other graphics editors such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. All the features are located on the upper menu and side panel. The interface looks a lot like that of Paint but the functionality is undoubtedly more advanced. In fact, it’s a cross between professional and amateur editors since the functionality is not overly complex and redundant.
What's new in 1.4.8 version?
- [Graphics / Image Frames] Importing a Lilypond-generated .svg file generates peculiar results (jghali)
- [Import / Export] EPS import fails with ghostscript 9.24+ (jghali)
- [Printing] Some text in text frames invisible in print preview/when printed (jghali)
- [Fonts] Fonts installed by user are not found by scribus on Windows 10 1809 (jghali)
Last Updated: 2019-07-04
File size: 81.8 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: c53c4cdd8c2aa2edebaca8fa82e44ce7