Krita is a free drawing and painting software that was created for concept art types, as well as texture and matte painters, and illustrations and comics. It is different from programs like Photoshop because it is simply a 2D paint application, while Photoshop and it's likes are designed for image manipulation.
Krita has tools that are relevant for painting in the digital sphere. There are quite a number of common and innovative features that will help a professional user, but won't be hard to be used by an amateur.
How using Krita helps you
Artists are known to bring their imaginations into reality with their combination of signs, symbols and colours. This tool helps you to bring out whatever artistic imagination you may have in your head even if you are not a professional artist. The software's modern interface lets you choose the colour theme, which toolbars and dockers you wish to directly from the settings menu easily. You can as well edit shortcut from your keyboard from the settings menu. The canvas with which you are creating the digital drawing is easily rotatable and mirrored.
Users of Krita can seamlessly create textures and patterns now. by simply pressing the "W" key while painting you are enabled to toggle the wrap-around mode. This makes the image to make references for itself along axis "X" and "Y". As you continue painting, all of the references update instantly. There are multiple brush engines that are available to assist you in your drawing like Hairy, texture, chalk, colour, deform and pixelate. You are very much allowed to keep the brushes that you have created due to experimentation after blending. Simple features, like adjusting the digital drawing's brightness level are also available.
If you do not want to apply destructive changes to your illustration, this is the appropriate tool you need. You can select and paint shareable colours, as well as add transparency and opacity level. You can add layers and effects with Krita. Some of these layers and effects, including wave, oil, paint and emboss. This software's symmetry tools do more than just basic mirroring, you can now determine the amount of axis you need, and modify the origin centre, angle and smoothing parameters.
If you do not want to apply destructive changes to your illustration, this is the appropriate tool you need. You can select and paint shareable colors, as well as add transparency and opacity level. You can add layers and effects with Krita. Some of these layers and effects include: wave, oil, paint and emboss. This software's symmetry tools do more than just basic mirroring, you can now determine the amount of axis you need, and modify the origin centre, angle and smoothing parameters.
Features of Krita
- Layer and colour management;
- Filters and effects;
- Symmetry tools and drawing aids;
- Advanced selection and masking tools;
- Multiple brush engines and blending modes;
- Wrap-around mode;
- Modern and friendly user interface.
Krita is an essential tool for a digital artist. It's a large set of features makes it a must have for any professional digital artist. It is also simple to use, so amateur users do not have to worry.
What's new in 184.108.40.206 version?
- Improve the layout and functionality of the color selector dialog and make it perform much better. (BUG:381529). Patches by Mathias Wein.
- Do not crash when trying to merge an invisible group layer (BUG:411124)
- Make it possible to save group layers to file layers even if they are empty (BUG:411101)
- Make the initial location of the OCIO profile selector sensible
- Fix possible crashes when a broken file ends up in the Recent Documents List (BUG:411416)
- Use locale-based formatting of numbers in the measure tool and other places. Patch by Karl Ove Lufthammer.
- Make HTML markup in the Search Field tooltips work. Patch by Karl Ove Lufthammer.
- Fix a crash when moving multiple vector shapes (BUG:409872)
- Fix the sort order of images imported as frames if they are not numbered with prefix 0’s (BUG:375885)
- Make it possible again to run the Python Scripting Debugger on Linux (BUG:410807) Patch by Rebecca Breu.
- Cache ICC profiles when loading layers: this speeds up loading images with thousands of layers (BUG:411532)
- Fix file layer and comics manager page updating on Windows (BUG:410409, BUG:389544)
- Use LittleCMS’ copy alpha channel flag to speed up color transformations
- Fix outline move mode (BUG:411057)
- Fix a hang in the text shape if an UTF-8 Line Break character is used (BUG:410402)
- Fix a random crash if there is not enough space in the swapfile location for AMD Ryzen 3500 CPU’s (BUG:411081)
- Fix checking whether the swapfile location is actually writable on Windows (BUG:411129, BUG:411081)
- Fix another random crash when painting (BUG:411280)
- Fix artifacts when moving control points of a path shape (BUG:411334)
- Fix a crash when cropping a particular image (BUG:411536)
- Fix move action in the bezier selection tool (BUG:398294)
- Fix artifacts in Gaussian Blur on transparent layers (BUG:411719)
- Fix a crash when the Liquify Transform is started too quickly (BUG:411703)
- Fix a bad memory leak in the jpeg converter (BUG:410864)
- Fix a crash when loading a JPEG image with a broken color profile (BUG:410864)
- Fix problems when zooming with a touchpad (BUG:410940)
- Fix issues when using the calculation capabilities of the specific color selector’s spin boxes (BUG:409818). Patch by Jasper Hartog
- Make sure all layers are shown in the animation timeline by default
- Fix a crash when the colorize tool is active on closing Krita
- Fix a crash when converting a colorspace with OCIO enabled (BUG:411045)
- Fix the Strength parameter not being used in Rotation – Fuzzy Dab (BUG:376179)
- Fix a crash when using the mouse wheel while an image is opening
- Re-add error messages lost when refactoring the error messages for loading images
- Do not crash if libjpeg encounters any kind of error (BUG:364350)
- Fix presets with random offset of texture being marked dirty all the time (BUG:406427)
- Fix curves changing randomly with sensors with Use Same Curve enabled (BUG:383909)
- Add a simple progress bar when saving .kra files
- Ensure that the temporary folder isn’t suggested as a save-location as this can result in lost work.
- Make sure toolbars don’t get enabled after editing the toolbar buttons (BUG:402679)
- Do not crash when loading a tiled TIFF file with planar color data. (BUG:407171)
- Fix freezes when changing some brush properties or curves (BUG:410158)
- Fix wrong borders in the Edge Detection and Height To Normal Map Filters (BUG:411922)
- Fix outline of Group Layers in Move Tool and Transform Tool (BUG:392717)
- Fix preview of shape layers in Transform Tool and Move Tool (BUG:392717)
- Raise the maximum FPS limit to 300 fps from 100 fps
- Do not allow clone layers from pass-through group layers (BUG:409949)
- Fix the color of a selected shape being synchronized with the color selectors (BUG:381784)
- Fix updating the current shape color when doing undo/redo (BUG:404975)
- Fix the broken TestKisSwatchGroup test (BUG:410387) Patch by Krysztof Kurek.
- Make the splash render pixel-perfect on fractionally scaled displays. Patch by Guo Yunhe.
- Fix a crash in Feather Selection, Wavelets, Blur and Edge Detection (BUG:412057)
- Include reference images in the screen color picker (BUG:411816) Patch by Matthias Wein.
- Clean up the SVG files used for icons and license the SVG files properly. Patch by Raghavendra Kamath.
- Fix updating the assistants when moving the handles. Patch by Matthias Wein.
- Fix a bad memory corruption error color handling. Patch by Matthias Wein.
Last Updated: 2019-10-04
Developer: The Krita Foundation
File size: 102.85 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista
MD5 Checksum: 71b5a8a3a3e185fb4fa32d2316ee57eb