Krita is a free drawing and painting software that was created for concept art types, as well as texture and matte painters, and illustrations and comics. It is different from programs like Photoshop because it is simply a 2D paint application, while Photoshop and it's likes are designed for image manipulation.
Krita has tools that are relevant for painting in the digital sphere. There are quite a number of common and innovative features that will help a professional user, but won't be hard to be used by an amateur.
How using Krita helps you
Artists are known to bring their imaginations into reality with their combination of signs, symbols and colours. This tool helps you to bring out whatever artistic imagination you may have in your head even if you are not a professional artist. The software's modern interface lets you choose the colour theme, which toolbars and dockers you wish to directly from the settings menu easily. You can as well edit shortcut from your keyboard from the settings menu. The canvas with which you are creating the digital drawing is easily rotatable and mirrored.
Users of Krita can seamlessly create textures and patterns now. by simply pressing the "W" key while painting you are enabled to toggle the wrap-around mode. This makes the image to make references for itself along axis "X" and "Y". As you continue painting, all of the references update instantly. There are multiple brush engines that are available to assist you in your drawing like Hairy, texture, chalk, colour, deform and pixelate. You are very much allowed to keep the brushes that you have created due to experimentation after blending. Simple features, like adjusting the digital drawing's brightness level are also available.
If you do not want to apply destructive changes to your illustration, this is the appropriate tool you need. You can select and paint shareable colours, as well as add transparency and opacity level. You can add layers and effects with Krita. Some of these layers and effects, including wave, oil, paint and emboss. This software's symmetry tools do more than just basic mirroring, you can now determine the amount of axis you need, and modify the origin centre, angle and smoothing parameters.
If you do not want to apply destructive changes to your illustration, this is the appropriate tool you need. You can select and paint shareable colors, as well as add transparency and opacity level. You can add layers and effects with Krita. Some of these layers and effects include: wave, oil, paint and emboss. This software's symmetry tools do more than just basic mirroring, you can now determine the amount of axis you need, and modify the origin centre, angle and smoothing parameters.
Features of Krita
- Layer and colour management;
- Filters and effects;
- Symmetry tools and drawing aids;
- Advanced selection and masking tools;
- Multiple brush engines and blending modes;
- Wrap-around mode;
- Modern and friendly user interface.
Krita is an essential tool for a digital artist. It's a large set of features makes it a must have for any professional digital artist. It is also simple to use, so amateur users do not have to worry.
What's new in 4.2.8 version?
- Fix the sliders in the performance settings page. BUG:414092
- Fix the color space of the onion skin cache. BUG:407251
- Fix transforming layers that have onion skins enabled. BUG:408152
- Also save the preferences when closing the preferences dialog with the titlebar close button
- Fix a bug in the polygon tool that adds an extra point. BUG:411059
- Save the last used export settings. BUG:409044
- Prevent a crash on macOS when closing a dialog that opened the system color dialog. BUG:413922
- Fix an issue on macOS where the native file dialogs would not return a filename. BUG:413241
- Make it possible to save the “All” tag as the current tag. BUG:409748
- Show the correct blending mode in the brush preset editor. BUG:410136
- Fix saving color profiles that are not sRGB to PNG files
- Make the transform tool work correctly with the selection mask’s overlay
- Fix a crash when editing the global selection mask. BUG:412747
- Remove the “Show Decorations” option from the transform tool. BUG:413573
- Remove the CSV export filter (it hasn’t worked for ages)
- Fix slowdown in the Warp transform tool. BUG:413157
- Fix possible data loss when pressing the escape key multiple times. BUG:412561
- Fix a crash when opening an image with a clone layer when instant preview is active. BUG:412278
- Fix a crash when editing vector shapes. BUG:413932
- Fix visibility of Reference Layer and Global Selection Mask in Timeline. BUG:412905
- Fix random crashes when converting image color space. BUG:410776
- Rewrite the “auto precision” option in the brush preset editor. BUG:413085
- Fix legacy convolution filters on images with non-transparent background. BUG:411159
- Fix an assert when force-autosaving the image right during the stroke. BUG:412835
- Fix crash when using Contionous Selection tool with Feather option. BUG:412622
- Fix an issue where temporary files were created in the folder above the current folder.
- Improve the rendering of the transform tool handles while actually making a transformation
- Use the actual mimetype instead of the extension to identify files when creating thumbnails for the recent files display
- Improve the logging to detect whether Krita has closed improperly
- Fix exporting compositions from the compositions docker. BUG:412953, BUG:412470
- Fix Color Adjustment Curves not processing. BUG:412491
- Fix artifacts on layers with colorize mask *and* disabled layer styles
- Make Separate Channels work. BUG:336694, BUG:412624
- Make it possible to create vector shapes on images that are bigger than QImage’s limits. BUG:408936
- Disable adjustmentlayer support on the raindrop filter. BUG:412522
- Make it possible to use .kra files as file layers. BUG:412549
- Fix Crop tool loosing aspect ratio on move. BUG:343586
- Fix Rec2020 display format. BUG:410918
- Improve error messages when loading and saving fails.
- Fix jumping of vector shapes when resizing them
- Add hi-res input events for pan, zoom and rotate. BUG:409460
- Fix crash when using Pencil Tool with a tablet. BUG:412530
- Always ask Windows to synchronize the file systems after saving a file from Krita.
- Fix wrong aspect ratio on loading SVG files. BUG:407425
Last Updated: 2019-11-26
Developer: The Krita Foundation
File size: 102.85 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista
MD5 Checksum: d28c14bb943e03b8f32433757687d4f0