People who want to find a good alternative for Windows Photo Viewer should consider using IrfanView. It is an excellent program to view pictures and to do editing or converting work on them. Install IrfanView if you need a program with a user-friendly interface, stylish design, and a vast array of options. Using this program, you will have no problems opening almost any file format out there. You will appreciate its easy photo browsing process. Users can enhance IrfanView with additional plug-ins to support even more graphic formats.
How Can IrfanView Be Useful?
This program is not only good for viewing pictures. It enables you to convert and resize images on the go. You will get access to efficient features for renaming, converting, resizing, cropping, and modifying your color depth with a few mouse clicks. Explore the “Settings” window for customizing every option in the program pack. IrfanView supports many different languages, so there will be no problem with understanding. You can integrate the program within the context menu of Windows. By doing this, the access to the main features will be seamless.
The Key Features Are:
- Supports many various file formats;
- Supports many languages;
- Thumbnail option for previewing images;
- Slideshow option, which can be saved EXE/SCR or burn it to CD;
- Supports Adobe Photoshop Filters;
- Drag & drop support feature;
- Possibility to move fast through directory view;
- Batch conversion;
- TIF editing for several files;
- Multimedia player;
- Printing feature;
- Colour depth customization.
IrfanView is a lightweight and very compact graphic viewer for Windows. Install it on your computer for easy manipulating and exporting images in various file formats. There is support for different languages. It is the best solutions you can find when it comes to working with photos, editing, taking screenshots of them, making panoramas, and creating impressive slideshows. And the pleasant thing is that IrfanView is free.
What's new in 4.53 version?
- New effect in Image->Effects menu: Insert Speech Bubbles
- Examples/Screenshot: speech_bubbles.jpg
- New effect in Image menu: Add Shadow, Shape, Rounded corners, Snowflake etc.
- New effect in Image menu: Add Hexagon (or tiles), Star, Spikes, Heart etc.
- Show mouse zoom magnifier: CTRL+SHIFT + Mouse-move in the image
- mouse wheel zooms within magnifier area, click inside closes it)
- New border effect in "Add Frame" dialog: Broken Edge
- New effect added: Radial Brighten (Effects browser dialog)
- New option in Capture dialog: Draw red circle around cursor
- New option in Advanced batch dialog: Set maximal dimensions for resize
- Profiles option added to Contact Sheet dialog
- Option to read 1 BPP images in RAW dialog
- Command line: /filepattern can be combined with /slideshow
- TIF/PCX/PSD loading bugs fixed (thanks to Apriorit)
Last Updated: 2019-08-27
Developer: Irfan Skiljan
File size: 2.38 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: bca517c1ce593cf26037ef2f51faa853