Tixati is a BitTorrent client freeware that is very easy to use. It has a strong bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, as well as a complete DHT implementation. As much as Tixati has advanced BitTorrent client capabilities, it is very flexible and contains no ads and spyware.
This software has a very efficient peer choking and unchoking algorithms, that ensure your downloads are very fast.
Why you should use Tixati
Tixati is a file sharing software that is portable, that is, it is meant to run on a flash drive or any other portable media storage device. All its configuration information are saved in the same folder as the executable binary files.
You must not delete the "tixati_portable_mode.txt" file contained in the executables folder, because it is the file that makes the software to run in portable mode. All the file paths are kept in a format relative to Tixati executable folder.
Features of Tixati
- Complete Distributed Hash Table (DHT) implementation for torrents that cannot be tracked, including detailed message traffic;
- A graph that displays how complete all downloaded files are, pieces other peers have available, and the overall health of the swarm;
- Completely compatible with the BitTorrent protocol;
- Available in Windows and Linux GTK native versions;
- Added security through peer connection encryption;
- Supports magnet links;
- Very flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading or seeding proportion adjustment, as well as an adjustable priority for transfers and peers.
All in All
Tixati is a simple yet powerful and lightweight peer-to-peer file sharing software, that use BitTorrent protocol. Bandwidth management and magnet linking are some of the many features of this handy tool.
What's new in 2.64 version?
- advanced file auto-select options, applied when a transfer is started, available from Settings > Transfers > Files
- can auto-select using wildcard filters applied against file names
- better options for auto-select based on file size
- individual transfer and file completion notifications can be enabled in Settings > User Interface > Behavior > Notifications
- transfer completion notifications can be set by the transfer right-click menu > Local Files > Notify On Complete
- file or folder completion notification can be set by the file/folder right-click menu > Notify On Complete
- RSS feeds can have a completion notification for all created transfers, set by using the feed right-click menu
- categories can have a default completion notification for their transfers, set by using the category right-click menu
- show category non-default bandwidth settings in tooltip
- updated piece size checking upon meta-info loading, allow 16K - 64M
- allow local creation of transfers with piece size up to 64M
- updated IP location tables
- a few other minor fixes in the GUI
Last Updated: 2019-10-21
Developer: Tixati Software Inc
File size: 14.1 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: cf1a3343dd2152434343f0428517973d