The WinSCP software is an open-source SFTP and FTP client that also supports Legacy SCP protocol. It has an easy-to-use GUI that helps you to safely copy or transfer files between a local computer and a remote computer. Furthermore, it has the key function of undertaking basic file manager and file synchronization. It possesses great scripting capabilities for Windows.
How does WinSCP boost your PC?
WinSCP also has the ability to act as a remote editor. All you have to do is click on a (text) file in the remote manager which transfers the file to the local machine and thereafter opens it in the integrated editor giving you the opportunity to explore the software. It is important to know that if you are installing this version of WinSCP over a former version when launching the software for the first time, a warning will pop up asking if you wish to delete temporary folders from the previous version. To view these files, click open. To delete them, click no. To keep them, click yes.
WinSCP has been translated into different languages for users of diverse ethnicities and it carries out all common operations with the use of files. The software has a straightforward batch file scripting and a command line interface. It also supports SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol.
Using a configuration file instead of registry entries, the software optionally supports portable operation, best suited for use through removable media. It supports SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos(GSS) authentication. WinSCP can also perform directory synchronization in various semi or fully automatic methods. The software employs the use of Secure Shell (SSH) and is absolutely free.
Features of WinSCP Include:
- Has integrated text editor; Integration with Windows (drag-and-drop, URL, shortcut icons);
- Optionally stores session information;
- Can transfer files across the network using the SSH encrypted protocol;
- Optionally encrypts files when storing them on SFTP server;
- Can compare file extensions;
- Has a file mask to colour files;
WinSCP is a great software that has been programmed to do various things for your PC, with the sole aim of securely copying files between a local and remote PC, seamlessly.
What's new in 5.15.3 version?
Back-propagated SSH security fixes from PuTTY 0.72:
- Integer underflow parsing SSH-1 packet length. vuln-ssh1-buffer-length-underflow
- Buffer overflow in SSH-1 if server sends two tiny RSA keys. vuln-ssh1-short-rsa-keys
- Windows Pageant client code does not check response length field. vuln-win-pageant-client-missing-length-check
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.72.
- Using recommended sizes of icons when installed from Microsoft Store. 1754
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.7.
- Translations updated: Hungarian, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- File panel incremental search can be disabled using raw configuration setting. 1742
- Retrying deleting fake temporary folder created when pasting remote files to Windows File Explorer. 1765
- Bug fix: With every start on a monitor with different DPI than the primary monitor, dimensions of the window and some of its components change slightly. 1750
- Bug fix: Speed limit does not work with S3 protocol. 1755
- Bug fix: Site folder loses names of its sites. 1756
- Bug fix: Compare Files extension cannot handle paths with spaces. 1760
- Bug fix: Local recycle bin is unintentionally scanned, slowing down browsing. 1761
- Bug fix: .NET assembly debug log file timestamps shows as GMT, while they are actually local times. 1762
- Bug fix: Cannot upload files over 50 GB to S3. 1764
- Bug fix: When using a local custom command from Synchronization checklist window, opened from a command-line, the connection was closed.
- Bug fix: When saving an edited site or default settings, WinSCP prompted for the master password, even when the site does not have any password to protect.
- Bug fix: When opening a connection from a command-line, which does not have a local directory set yet, local panel is opened empty.
Last Updated: 2019-08-12
File size: 9.39 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: e72d1c42bbad62d51603b4015a87eafd