In many cases downloading and transferring files on our PC sometimes is ridiculous, in the sense that, it takes a lot of time due to the lack of the right software. Imagine planning to leave for an important meeting and with time as a crucial factor, you immediately need to download a piece of information or to transfer some files from one PC to another.
The main advantage of Cyberduck is to ensure an ultimate and fastest way of transferring files from one storage to another, as well as managing files efficiently. The availability of this software is not limited to a single platform, but it’s available for MAC Operating Systems and Windows systems as well.
Why Use Cyberduck?
In actuality, some of the FTP and SFTP software does not have the most fascinating classifications, however, with Cyberduck command line, transferring files can become a captivating experience. With an attractive interface and support for cloud storage, Cyberduck advances above its contenders.
Since Cyberduck is an open-source application, it is free for all users and is supported by a strong community of developers. It can be used for FTP and SFTP on Mac Operating Systems. Apart from the support for FTP and SFTP, tis software also supports other cloud storages and servers, such as WebDAV, Backblaze B2, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Microsoft Azure & OneDrive, Google Drive, as well as Dropbox.
Getting this application on your PC requires one to first download the .exe file of the software. Then to follow the simple installation steps in order to properly install Cyberduck on your personal computer. However, before you start, ensure that you have the information below ready:
- Server name: example.com or your IP address;
- Username: Your FTP username;
- Password: Your FTP password.
It is important to note, that this software comes in different versions. So ensure that you are installing the one most compatible with your computer. Whether you are using a MAC or Windows system, ensure that your version is the correct one. Once Cyberduck has been installed, you can go ahead and create a bookmark on your browser.
- First, click on the "+" button to bookmark it;
- Next, you must follow the settings as shown below: Nickname (example.com or your IP address); Protocol (FTP); Server (example.com or your IP address); Port (21 for FTP, 22 for SFTP); Username (domain user).
- Under "More Options", users must ensure that their entries correspond with the options in bracket: Path (N/A), Connect Mode (Passive), Encoding (Default), Download Folder (designate a local storage folder for download files), Transfer Files (Default), Web URL (example.com), Notes (N/A). Finally, save and then double-click on the bookmark to connect, and you're done.
The uniqueness of this software is complemented by a huge number of features. Basically, users are offered lots of useful features, including, a quick, uninterrupted integration with Content Delivery Network (CDN) in the likes of Memset Memstore, Amazon CloudFront, KeyCDN, and Akamai which assist your website in achieving a robust performance, as well as enhancing its operational time.
Cyberduck Key Features Include:
- FTP. Supports strong TLS connections and custom Origin Amazon CloudFront (CDN) distribution option;
- Amazon S3. Users are able to transfer files to their S3 account as well as surf through the S3 buckets and files;
- WebDAV. You can connect to any WebDAV compliant server using HTTP, HTTP/SSL, as well as custom Origin Amazon CloudFront (CDN) distribution option;
- SSH/SFTP. Advanced configuration for SSH connections using public key authentication and custom origin Amazon CloudFront (Content Delivery Network) distribution option;
- OpenStack Object Storage. Connect to cloud storage providers using OpenStack Swift for the storage protocol. This includes solutions from Rackspace Cloudfiles, HP Cloud, and Memset.
- Dropbox. Access Dropbox without syncing to your computer;
- Google Drive. Upload files of any type to use your Google Drive account for storage;
- Opening Connection. FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, OpenStack Swift, Google Storage & Amazon S3 protocols are supported. Several features available depending on the workflow;
- Browser. Easily search for remote files in a list or visually outlined format.
The most essential part of this application is to create bookmarks, download and transfer files, save files in a variety of storages, like Google Drives and Amazon S3, Users can also easily manage file permissions, unveil hidden files, and apply lots of restrictions. Among its peers, Cyberduck remains exceptional.
This application is equipped with an abundance of functionalities to assists users in achieving a lot of downloads at a fast speed. Furthermore, its peerless features enable an easy consolidation with other providers using two APIs: OpenStack Swift and Amazon S3.
What's new in 188.8.131.5290 version?
- Failure to open application on Windows 7+ (Windows)
Last Updated: 2019-11-27
Developer: David V. Kocher
File size: 51.95 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 908389e5ae7e98ec49bce5c09a246f69