Artha is a dictionary that helps users find meanings to words easily. There is also a search option, where the users can search the words they are looking for and immediately, the meaning of the word would be displayed on their screens with simplified meanings and examples.
It also gives the user the flexibility of making changes to the software the way they feel would give them better results. You can set the hotkey lookup (ctrl+alt+w) to search for any word with its synonyms, antonyms, and derivatives. The user can also hide the status of the software to run it without being noticed.
How Can Artha help make Word Search Easier?
Artha helps users get the fast meaning to any word. It is simple to use and not as complex as the normal conventional dictionaries. There are some dictionaries that confuse a user who went to search for the meaning of a word, but Artha gives simple meanings to words with examples.
It gives the user a clear explanation to search queries. It displays the meaning of the searched word in black, part of speech in red, and the example of how the word can be used in blue. With these differences, the user gets a clear and simplified explanation to searched words.
Because it makes use of WordNet as its database, the words are detailed and easily accessed, with perfect examples, synonyms, and antonyms to help the user get meanings to the search words. The software helps the user to learn new words easily
It helps the user have access to different words, thereby making the users improve their vocabulary by learning new words daily. Gone are those days were people used to get confused the more while using dictionaries. With this software, the user is confident of getting a satisfactory meaning to his/her searched words.
Key Features of Artha Include:
- It gives suggestions to words, especially incomplete or words that are misspelled.
- Option to search for your desired words.
- Responds to searched queries fast.
- Easy to use.
- It is a replacement for old conventional dictionaries.
- Bring the results of searched words in seconds.
- It is simple and reliable to use.
- Words can be easily accessed.
- Free for use.
- Give users satisfaction of a simple explanation of words.
- Access to set options to the way the user wants.
Artha ensures that the search for meanings of words fun and easy to access. All the users need to do is just type in the words they are looking for those meaning and just relax as the meaning of the words they searched for would show with immediate effect. When the meaning of the words shown, they will get simple explanations to the words searched for.
What's new in 220.127.116.11 version?
- Auto completion of wordnet terms implemented
- Wordnet terms load and auto completion list populate made idle exec. functions
- Lookup history made persistant; can be cleared or saved when required
- Invisible mode made optional; show window on startup made optional
- Polysemy count display now made optional; can be toggled via the toolbutton
- Status/tray icon now made optional; can be toggled via the toolbutton
- Added Member Of, Substance Of and Part Of classification to Holo and Meronyms
- "farcry" search should now fetch "far cry" correctly for both normal and notify lookup
- Added accelerators Ctrl + W and Ctrl + Q support
- Fixed issues in finding libnotify.so across distributions
- Fixed relative tab names by removing Similar for Nouns and Verbs (WNI)
- Fixed 671084 - Back button skips Wildmat search results
- Hotkey handling improved a lot in Win32; combos like Ctl + Alt + ` are fixed
- Fixed synchronization, body limit and other issues in libnotify (Win32)
- Fixed 1010930 - CPU core pegging due to libnotify (Win32)
- Bumped min GTK+ version to 2.24 to remove deprecated GtkComboBoxEntry there by adding GtkComboBox with "has-entry" set to TRUE * Bumped min GLib version to 2.22
- Lot of code clean-ups and minor fixes
Last Updated: 2019-10-01
Developer: Sundaram Ramaswamy
File size: 12.12 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 79aa6b5152d2c21dac4b27938b602faa