Virtual environments have many advantages compared to working with physical devices. Firstly, using virtual devices saves a lot of money since you don’t have to invest in buying real gadgets. Also, the team can easily monitor and manage the software remotely, which is comfortable for outsourcing teams.
VMware Workstation Pro is a professional virtual environment creator that allows using various OSs on one’s computer, install software and patches, and test new software projects in a safe, bug-free environment.
How Can VMware Workstation Pro Boost Your PC?
This software works as a hosted hypervisor on Windows and Linux. It allows users to create multiple virtual machines on a single computer, using multiple OSs and working with various interfaces simultaneously. While VMware Workstation Pro requires a paid subscription, the tool also has a free edition, VMware Workstation Player - the Open Source tool which includes free installation and distribution both for personal and professional purposes.
Both free and paid versions support multiple host network adapters, USB devices, and physical disk drivers. You can create virtual disk drivers as well, transfer files to virtual storages, and exchange important information with your team members.
Also, you can make snapshots of your virtual machines anytime and it will provide you with real-time updates on machine’s state and technical conditions. The snapshot also includes an interface screenshot and saves it in a separate folder.
The software supports 3D graphics and all VMware software. Also, it includes a lot of additional plugins that allow working with encrypted VMs and high resolution displays. Also, VMware Workstation pro supports professional hardware such as Broadwell and Haswell processing units, IPv6 support. It’s also responsible for VM’s connectivity - the tool is compatible with Bluetooth, printers, Skype, USB 3.0, and HD audio.
Last but not least, you can share the access to all of your virtual machines with your team. Each team member can access a virtual computer no matter where they are located. It’s a comfortable solution for software development and testing outsourcing teams who work with developers all over the world.
VMware Workstation Key Features Include:
- Use all popular OSs such as Mac OS X, Linux. Android and others on one Windows PC;
- Supports high resolution display and 3D graphics;
- Up to 2 GB of virtual machine video memory;
- The tool is connected to USB, Bluetooth, printers, audio and video drivers;
- Purchase a pro edition or download this open source freeware.
VMware Workstation Pro is a powerful tool for creating virtual machines, based on various OSs such as Windows, Android, Linux, IOS, Mac OS X, and others. It’s very convenient for cross-platform software development and testing since you can try out multiple environments with just one device. Also, the tool’s interface is really intuitive since all virtual machines are conveniently grouped into folders in a right panel. The tool’s functionality is rich, reliable, and secure which is perfect for confidential development work or storing important business data.
What's new in 15.5.0 Build 14665864 version?
Support for new guest operating systems
- Windows 10 19H2
- Debian 10.0/10.1
- Debian 9.11
- Oracle Linux 8.0
- SLE 15 SP1
- FreeBSD 12.0
- PhotonOS 3.0
- Jumbo frame support: Virtual networks can now be configured with MTU size of up to 9000 bytes.
- Preserve Network Configuration: Network settings are now preserved after upgrades. You can also import and export your network configurations.
- Multiple display shortcut key: You can now quickly adjust the VM display layout with a new keyboard shortcut.
- PVSCI device support: PVSCSI adapter is now officially supported by Workstation, which enhances the compatibility for VMs migration between Workstation and vSphere.
- Open VM Tools is the default VMware Tools for applicable Linux virtual machine
- Workstation 15.5 Pro addresses the use-after-free and denial-of-service vulnerabilities.
- Implemented DLL loading security improvements, suggested by Peleg Hadar of Safebreach.
Workstation gets an unknown error when the SVGA settings is changed during the virtual machine installation wizard.
- During virtual machine creation, after changing Display settings in Customize hardware window, saving the configuration can cause an unknown error.
- This issue is now resolved.
Sometimes, Fedora 30 VM can't be powered on correctly, a black screen appears for a long time.
- When a Fedora 30 virtual machine is created and powered on, it does not power on correctly and a black screen is displayed.
- This issue is now resolved. VMware has fixed the issue and committed the kernel since kernel-5.1.8-300.fc30.
- For users stuck on boot and cannot perform the kernel package upgrade, edit Grub during boot to delete rhgb option to boot-up successfully. After boot, perform the kernel upgrade.
Scrolling becomes erratic in Windows guest when a non-default keyboard layout is selected in Ubuntu host
- In Ubuntu 18.04 (GNOME Desktop) host, when a non-default keyboard layout is selected, scrolling in Windows guests is erratic.
- This screen randomly scrolls up or down when the mouse is moved in the virtual machine in some scrollable panes, such as the start menu.
- This issue is now resolved.
Battery status report is incorrect in windows virtual machine running on a Windows 10 1903 host
- On a Windows 10 1903 host, battery status is incorrect in the windows virtual machine. The battery icon in the status bar remains red and not charging even though the laptop is plugged-in.
- This issue is now resolved.
Last Updated: 2019-10-08
Developer: VMware Inc
Version: 15.5.0 Build 14665864
File size: 541.05 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 3a6d2c949d4377b5c6dad98d126916e8