The Central Access Reader is a free, user-friendly text-to-speech program that engages users by providing visual tracking of text as it is read aloud. The powerful yet simple interface allows the user to customize how the text looks and sounds.
Main Features: -Reads Microsoft Word Documents; -Save document or selection to MP3; -Reads math and logic equations aloud; -Color control of background, text, and highlights; -Synchronized dual highlighting; -Customizable voice, speed, and volume; -Easy-to-use updater -Search feature; -Keyboard shortcuts for all common tasks; -Uses SAPI 5 built-in voice; Export to HTML; Paste text from clipboard;
What's new in 2.0 version?Version 2.0:The Central Access Reader is now at 2.0! Besides a brand new look, here are some new features/fixes since its 1.0 days:
- Tabbed interface: You can load multiple documents into CAR and read them independently.
- Point and click: Click on a word, image, or math equation to set the start point for reading.
- Copy and paste: Now you can read from your clipboard! Either click on the main menu button on the top right and go to File > Paste From Clipboard or press Ctrl V (Command V for Macs).
- Out-of-the-way save to MP3: Now you don't have to wait around for the save to MP3 to finish. You can just start it and interact with your document as if nothing happened. A progress bar below your current document will show its progress. When the export is finished, click on the Show Files button to open your files. Also, you can save to MP3 on all of your other documents at the same time!
- Themes: In the color settings (button on sidebar with color wheel), you can change the theme of the application. Themes include Crimson, Dark, Light, and Classic.
- Faster math performance on Macs: The math on Macs was laggy and looked inconsistent with Windows. Now, its performance is on-par and math appearance is identical.
- Batch export: If you have lots of files that need to be exported to MP3, MP3 by page, or HTML, now you can convert them in a batch process! Click on the main menu button on the top right and go to File > Batch to get started.
Last Updated: 2019-11-06
Developer: Central Access
File size: 35.57 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: 4411e9906a1d4c71320152a8fd6649f4