Notepad++ is one of the widely-used source code and text editor, which comes with many features and supports different languages. It is a highly productive tool, which is easy to work with.
If your work is connected to programming, you require specialized software. Notepad++ is one of the best tools, which supports source code editing for different programming languages.
Why Use Notepad++
Notepad++ is a complex text editor, which is packed with additional functions compared to the Notepad. You should be attentive when you do the installation because numerous components can be unchecked to reduce the space on your hard disk. You can skip the localization files and the themes, yet it is recommended to install all the plugins to get a better programming experience. Notepad++ has a clean and intuitive user interface, where all the functions are grouped into specialized menus. It supports many common programming languages. It includes syntax highlighting for all of them. You can work with several documents at the same time. When it comes to development, you can deal with editing, searching, encoding, and running macros.
The Key Functions:
- Syntax Highlighting.
- Syntax Folding.
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting.
- Auto-completion functions.
- Multi-Document support.
- Multi-View mode.
- Supports regular expression search/replace.
- Supports Full Drag 'N' Drop.
- File Status Auto-detection.
- Zoom in/out
- Multi-language support.
- Brace/Indent guideline.
- Macro recording and playback.
The functionality of Notepad++ is great. Additional functions can be added with third-party plugins. All users of Windows are advised to give Notepad++ a try.
What's new in 7.8 version?
- Upgrade Scintilla from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0
- Fix non Unicode encoding problem in non-Western language(Chinese or Turkish).
- Add “No to All” and “Yes to All” options in Save dialog.
- Add the command line argument “-openFoldersAsWorkspace” to open folders in “folder as workspace” panel. Example: notepad++ -openFoldersAsWorkspace c:srcmyProj01 c:srcmyProj02
- Enhance plugin system: allow any plugin to load private DLL files from the plugin folder.
- Fix File-Rename failing when new name is on a different drive.
- Make “Clear all marks”, “Inverse Bookmark”, “Remove Consecutive Duplicate Lines” & “Find All Current Document” to be macro recordable.
- Make “Command Argument Help” MessageBox modal.
- Fix Folder as Workspace crash and “queue overflow” issues.
- Make Combobox font monospace in Find dialog.
- Fix folding in user-defined languages for non-windows line endings.
- Fix crash of Folder as Workspace when too many directory changes happen.
- Fix ‘-nosession’ overwrites config.xml issue.
- Fix the crash due to NPPM_DESTROYSCINTILLAHANDLE message.
- Improve GUI in Find dialog for Find Previous & Find Next buttons.
- Fix Sort Line as Integer regression.
- Add more OS information to debug info.
- Fix tab dragging issues under WINE and ReactOS.
- Fix indent indicators continue to following code blocks for Python.
- Fix Python folding collapse issue.
- Fix crash when sorting “out of range” columns.
- Fix find 2 times for the same occurrence in both original and cloned documents issue.
- Fix command line issues where filenames have multiple white spaces in them.
- Fix Document Peeker constantly changing focus problem.
- Make backward direction checkbox be also on Find dialog’s Mark tab.
- Add 2 new columns for HTML Code in the Character Panel.
- Fix “clear all marks in find dialog also removes bookmarks” issue.
- Enhance supported language (on function list or auto-completion): LISP, BaanC,(PL/)SQL & COBOL.
Last Updated: 2019-10-11
File size: 3.93 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: bc8a38cbf21d77f479b034dc9c6ae2c2