We all spend a few hours per day browsing the web. In such a scenario, a robust web browser is a must. Tor is a good solution for those who need a powerful browser allowing them to surf the net anonymously. It is a freely distributed software product, which was previously called ‘The Onion Router’. The app got this name thanks to its functioning mechanism and the onion-like structure.
If you are currently using apps that use the TCP protocol, Tor Browser will help you anonymize your online activities. The developers promise that this tool can protect your personal information from any kind of malware or keyloggers.
Overview of the Key Features
When you open the browser, it starts working by bouncing traffic around the network. In other words, it works on the concept of Onion routing (when a few layers are nested against each other like the layers of onions do). As a result, the last layer decrypts the first layer of encrypted data before actually passing the original data to the main destination.
Besides, the software also has the following features:
- Full data encryption before it is sent over the Internet;
- It allows you to visit blocked sites;
- Browser guarantees anonymity;
- It doesn’t reveal IP of Source;
- It can route data.
The browser offers you to choose from a few proxy tunnels.
Finally, we can say that Tor Browser for Windows is an easy-to-use and properly organized tool developed specifically for the needs of concerned about their privacy users. Tor Browser is pre-configured to protect your personal information, privacy and anonymity while browsing the web.
What's new in 8.5.5 version?
- Update Firefox to 60.9.0esr
- Bug 31357: Retire Tom's default obfs4 bridge
Update Torbutton to 2.1.13
- Bug 31520: Remove monthly giving banner from Tor Browser
- Bug 31140: Do not enable IonMonkey on AARCH64
- Translations update
Update NoScript to 11.0.3
- Bug 26847: NoScript pops up a full-site window for XSS warning
- Bug 31287: NoScript leaks browser locale
Windows + OS X + Linux:
- Update Tor to 0.4.1.5
- Bug 31547: Back out patch for Mozilla's bug 1574980
- Bug 27503: Provide full support for accessibility tools
- Bug 30575: Don't allow enterprise policies in Tor Browser
- Bug 31141: Fix typo in font.system.whitelist
- Bug 28119: Tor Browser for aarch64
- Bug 31465: Bump Go to 1.12.9
Last Updated: 2019-09-17
File size: 54.72 MB
Operating system: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
MD5 Checksum: ddb52701791339e9fd3200fe1bf51ac0