Brave Browser was developed by Brave Software Inc. based on the Chromium web browser. It is a free and open source web browser that can block annoying ads and intrusive website trackers that are known to slow down loading of web pages. The software replaces these annoying ads with Brave Software Inc ads.
It is designed to improve your privacy online by sharing less data with ad customers. This is done through an anonymous analysis of your browsing history to target web ads. The developers of this software want to show only tailored ads that will help fund website owners and other Brave users.
Why you should use Brave Browser
Brave Browser is essentially designed to block annoying ads, and website trackers that spend your bandwidth trying to access your private data, as well as slowing down your browsing speed. There are a number of tools that help to protect your privacy built-into this software.
Brave Browser ensures your connection to websites are always secure by integrating the ‘HTTPS Everywhere’ option. The browser also blocks tracking cookies, and pixels. If you value your privacy while surfing the internet, then this is the browser for you.
Features of Brave Browser
- Blocks ads and trackers that slow down your browsing speed;
- Protects your privacy with the HTTPS Everywhere feature;
- Clean user interface;
- Open source browser based on Chromium/Blink engine;
- Substitutes pop-up ads with smaller and fewer anonymous ads that help fund website owners.
Brave Browser is a secure and easy-to-use web browser that speeds up loading of pages by blocKing ads and website trackers. It has one of the best security tools on the market, and you can help developers out by advertising their products anonymously.
What's new in 1.0.0 version?
- Added Brave Rewards widget to the New Tab Page. (#6370)
- Added notarization support for macOS Catalina. (#5177)
- Added link to access https://brave.com/latest from brave://settings/help. (#6152)
- Updated buttons throughout Brave to match product branding. (#6398)
- Updated subheading text on wallet verification modal window. (#6537)
- Improved general performance by not loading the rewards extension until it's used. (#3436)
- Improved general performance by not loading WebTorrent component until first launch. (#6342)
- Removed the extraneous zero on the New Tab Page. (#5710)
- Fixed auto-contribution still occurring when auto-contribution is disabled within brave://rewards. (#6716)
- Fixed ad notifications not being displayed on macOS Catalina. (#6466)
- Fixed ad notifications not being displayed in certain cases. (#6139)
- Fixed notifications in rewards panel not being dismissible in certain instances. (#5913)
- Fixed incorrect spacing around inline Twitter tip button. (#6456)
- Fixed cookies not being imported from Chrome. (#5975)
- Fixed cookie mismatch when importing https://www.google.com cookies from other browsers. (#5313)
- Fixed WebTorrent crash in certain cases. (#6193)
- Fixed the "Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave" toggle under brave://settings/content/cookies reverting to default state after closing the tab. (#6119)
- Fixed tab context menus using incorrect Russian translation. (#6767)