It goes without saying, if you want to protect your data, you need to backup everything. But the question is “where does iTunes store backups?” You need to know where these backups are stored. Let’s analyze this question in greater detail.
Where Does iTunes Save Backups?
We are going to provide you with two instructions for Mac or Windows-based devices. Use the one which is more convenient for you.
Where Are iPhone Backups Stored on Mac?
To find all these backups on Mac, you need to follow these guidelines:
- Launch a Finder Window.
- Choose “Go - Go to Folder”
- Now, you need to type this command /Library/ApplicationSupport/MobileSync/Backup/
After you do this, you’ll see all backups of your iOS-based device that you backed up through iTunes.
If you need to find a specific backup, you should follow this guide:
- Launch iTunes.
- Choose “Preferences”.
- Now, click on “Devices”.
- Click on the backup that you wish and select “Show in Finder”.
Where Does iTunes Store Backups on PC?
- If you‘re a user of Windows (7,8 or 10), you can find iOS backups following these directions:
- Launch the Search Bar (Windows 7- click “Start”, Windows 8 - the magnifying glass in the right corner, Windows 10 - click on the Search bar).
- When you open the Search Bar, choose “Appdata” or “Userprofiles”.
- Press the button “Return”.
- Now, you need to double click the folders “Apple computer” - MobileSync - Backup.
When you are in this folder, you can easily delete all backups if you want to save some space on your hard drive.
All you need to do is to repeat everything on your device!