Need to uninstall Chrome? No worries, it is easier than you might think. There are a few methods, allowing you to do this. Following our directions, you will easily uninstall or reinstall Chrome once again. So, get comfortable and have a look!
How to Uninstall Google Chrome Manually
First, you need to check why Chrome can’t be uninstalled. Maybe some of your favorite extensions you installed earlier can’t be closed and this doesn’t allow Chrome to uninstall. In this case, you have to stop all the active processes manually. Well, how to uninstall Chrome? Follow our step-through guide to do this:
- Open Task Manager. Just press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Esc, scroll down the menu and find Google Chrome in it.
- Click on Chrome and look through the pull-down menu. Verify that all the processes are chosen.
- Right-click on Google Chrome and choose the option “End Task”.
- Check the “Processes tab" and make sure that there are no leftover processes. If there are any, you need to stop them by right-clicking on them and choosing the option “End task”.
- Close Task Manager.
- Open a “Run window”. To do this, you need to press “Windows Key+R”.
- You need to type here “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter. You’ll open “Program and Features”.
- Here, you need to scroll down the list and choose Google Chrome.
- Right-click on it and press “Uninstall”.
You’ll see a few prompts. You need to follow them and you’ll remove Chrome.
How to Remove Google Chrome Program Folder?
Following this guide, you’ll easily delete your browser from Program files:
- Go to Disk C - Program Files - Google.
- Scroll down and find the Chrome Folder.
- Right-click on the folder and delete it.
How to Prevent Chrome from Running Background Apps?
You should keep in mind that Chrome can run some background processes even when you think it is closed. That’s why you may face some issues when you try to reinstall it on your computer. Here’s a simple guide allowing you to do this easily:
- Launch Chrome.
- Find the “Action button” and choose the option “Settings”.
- In this menu, you need to choose “Advanced”.
- When you open the “Advanced” section, scroll down and choose the System section and disable “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed”. Now, you can close Chrome.
- So, start uninstalling your browser.
Now, you know how to delete Google Chrome from your device and reinstall it once again!