Most often when using various websites on your computer you either need to fill in the login details or fill a couple of forms, the autofill Google Chrome feature usually would pop up asking if you want to save details for future login. For example if you have used your email ID or password to log in on a site and saved that information, the next time when you want to log in onto that site it will give you the option of just clicking the auto-fill recommendation so you don’t need to manually enter the required login details .this could be helpful when filling out forms, then again there are times you may need to change the information, because you got new login details or someone else has used your computer to log in their details or maybe you just don't want your details auto, one way out of this is simply to delete the auto-fills in your Chrome browser, you would delete specific entries or all entries. I'll be listing some methods on how you can delete auto-fill Chrome on your computer and these methods can be used on nearly any Operating System, including MacOS, Windows, Linux, and Chrome book too.
Following the steps on how to delete auto-fill on Chrome will guide you through the process:
Delete all auto-fill entries from Google Chrome
To remove auto-fill on Chrome using this method you will have to:
- Launch the Chrome browser and go to settings (the three vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of your browser);
- Navigate to “more tools” click on it and then proceed to select “Clear Browsing History”;
- From the dialogue box that drops, go to “advanced options”;
- Then select the period from the moment when you want to clear the auto-fill data
- Finally, click on the checkbox auto-fill and then click on the clear data button.
- All of your data on auto-fill will be cleared.
Another alternative way to delete all autofill entries from Google Chrome is to:
- Launch the Chrome browser;
- Press the combined keys; “Ctrl + Shift + Del” for the “Clear browsing data” window to pop up;
- Make sure only the box next to the auto-fill form is ticked and then Click on the "clear browsing data" button to delete all autofill data from Chrome.
Remove specific autofill entries in Google Chrome
In an instance when you have new information and want to only select specific data to remove from autofill Chrome you can try the following;
- Launch the Chrome browser and then go to settings (the vertical three dots at the top right-hand corner of the browser);
- To remove specific passwords go to “passwords”, from there you can delete the passwords you want specifically deleted by right-clicking on the vertical three dots and then selecting delete option;
- Where it is an address or payment method you have previously used in your forms, you can select the address option and then edit. The same applies to the payment method information.
Depending on the versions of Chrome , the passwords and forms button are the same, if this is the case on your computer, you can apply the following steps to delete autofill Chrome;
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and then select “Settings”;
- Navigate your cursor to the “Show advanced settings” and select;
- From the drop box click on the “Passwords and forms” section;
- Manage Autofill settings;
- From the dialogue box that drops down, select the entry you would like to delete from the list;
- Click on the “X” button that appears at the tail end of the row.
Alternatively, you can apply the following method to remove specific autofill entries on your computer:
- Start by typing so you can get autofill Chrome suggestion pop up as they usually would;
- Use the keyboard arrows to navigate down the suggestion list to the item(s) you want to remove from the Chrome autofill suggestions
- Highlight the suggestions you want to be deleted and then use the appropriate key combinations to delete the autofill Chrome suggestion depending on your Operating System:
- MacOS: “Shift + FN + Delete”
- Windows: “Shift + Delete”
- Chrome book or Chrome OS: “Alt + Shift + Delete”
Keyboard shortcut to clear autofill Chrome
There is also another method of deleting specific passwords from your autofill Chrome is by using a keyboard shortcut as given below:
- First, click in the “Username” fill box and then press the down arrow;
- A list of remembered “username” auto-fill entries will pop up;
- Then use the down arrow key to highlight the username (auto-fill entry) you would like to delete;
- Lastly, press the combined keys of “shift + delete”, or “shift + alt + backspace”.
- There you go. This is a simple method of managing your auto-fills.
It is very important to note that before you apply any step on how to delete autofill Chrome , you need to carefully look through to be certain of the auto-fill data you want to delete as the changes cannot be reversed once data has been removed. So I’ll definitely advise that you have a backup before making any changes on the autofill Chrome while using your computer. It is also important to note that the System Restore will not revert auto-fill entries data, in order words, you will need to get proper backup software to completely backup Google Chrome profile.
If any of these methods work for you, please don't hesitate to share. Thanks!