The Xbox console may be the center of the Microsoft’s gaming universe, but their Xbox Live service is also available on PC. Windows 10 has become an important part of the Xbox brand as it is tied with Xbox Live that connect millions of gamers worldwide. Thanks to this, some Xbox’s features and even some titles are accessible on your account without the console.
The first thing you need to do to start using your Xbox Live account on Windows 10, is to sync your Microsoft account and Xbox one. After doing this, you will be able to use the full potential of the Xbox Live network with its features, multiplayer mode, and more.
Creating an Xbox Live account on Windows 10
If you don’t have an Xbox Life profile, you should make sure that you have access to an active Microsoft account. It must be linked to your Windows 10 copy. This will make the procedure much quicker and easier. Once you have created the link, you will be able to join Xbox Live. Windows 10 has the integrated Xbox app that will help you to create your Xbox Live profile. Follow the instructions below:
- Open the Start menu and type Xbox in the search bar.
- Click on the Xbox app from the list.
- Wait for an introductory screen to appear (you will see a “Welcome back!” message if you have a linked Xbox Live profile).
- Click Next to initiate the setup procedure.
- Now type your gamertag (your username within Xbox Live network). You can also let the system to pick a gamertag for you. It can be changed for free during the next 30 days.
- Choose a “gamerpic” (avatar) for your profile. This picture will represent you on Xbox Live. Gamerpics can be changed for free at any time. Users can upload their own images to create new gamerpics.
- Click Next.
- Click Let’s play.
- The setup is complete. Now you have an Xbox Live account, and it is already associated with your Microsoft account.
How can I sign into my Xbox Live account on Windows 10?
If you had played Xbox before, you surely have an Xbox Live account. So, you don’t need to create a new one. But before using your existing profile, you need to make sure that have linked your Microsoft account to your Windows 10 copy. It is advisable to use the same profile linked to the Xbox Live account. This way you will have everything covered by a single set of credentials. When you are ready to proceed to sign in, do the following:
- Press the Start button and type Xbox in the search bar.
- Launch the Xbox app from the list.
- Wait for the app to load, a “Welcome back!” screen will appear.
- Click Let’s play, and the app will complete the setup automatically.
After completing the setup procedure, you will be able to use your Xbox Live profile on Windows 10 and enjoy your favorite games. All Xbox Live-ready games (with your saved progress) will be listed thanks to the Xbox app that automatically scans the information on your account.